Thoughts of optimisim

Queue

Coaching Member
Optimism is an ability to expect the best possible outcome. In order to remain optimistic, you must replenish it. When unfavorable circumstances arise that you may feel doubtful about, the best thing to do is to work it through. Negative thoughts are just a temporary period until you arrive at a resolution. This is because unfamiliar situations are consciously unknown. By being consistent with positive thoughts that are connected to action the outcome will be the best one possible. Click read more.

Last edited:
That's correct. Believing that good will come out of a situation will help pull you through.

Look at everything as a learning experience. And, mistakes are humans way of learning.

I do hate the word "mistake" because of the connotation or implication it carries. But we try something and learn what worked and what didn't and try again. That is the way life works. The only difference is what meaning we give the event.

Guess that's what the philosophers meant when they said we can't control more than 10 or 15 percent of our circumstances. The only thing we can control 100% is our attitude.

I agree, we should always looking forward for the positive result than thinking possible failure towards our plans. If fails came then work out and try more until to reach the result we expected.

Right. I try to clarify what I was wanting to accomplish. Sometimes I don't even think about positive or negative.

It's not rather you get knocked down but rather if you get back up.

I always remind myself of this.

Instead of thinking of it as getting knocked down I rather think that I can learn what didn't go right and try something a little different and throw that back out there and see what happens again.

Everyone is a fallible human being.

I'm more fallible in some roles than others.

Less fallible in other roles.

I can choose to try and be less fallible in those roles if I want. Etc.

That's correct. Believing that good will come out of a situation will help pull you through.

Look at everything as a learning experience. And, mistakes are humans way of learning.

I do hate the word "mistake" because of the connotation or implication it carries. But we try something and learn what worked and what didn't and try again. That is the way life works. The only difference is what meaning we give the event.

Guess that's what the philosophers meant when they said we can't control more than 10 or 15 percent of our circumstances. The only thing we can control 100% is our attitude.
I believe that life is "win or learn".

For every situation, you can look back on it and think it was a win, or a learn.

As Tallstack has said, the word "mistake" or indeed "failure", carries a stigma that most of us waste our valuable energies into.

I learned a year ago the importance of being realistic. Sometimes a 'positive psychology' isn't entirely unproblematic. It ignores the fact that depression is far more common in women and poor people compared to the general population. Grief, for example, affects us in different ways, yet we should all treat with the same respect. We cannot simply "cheer up" at the drop of a hat because the grieving process is so important. Therefore sadness plays a critical role here, for those going through catharsis.

However, personally I think the best way of staying positive, is through being realistic. Hope for the best and expect the worst.

Queue

Coaching Member
This is true, thank you, your viewpoint adds a profound dimension to the scope of this post in a way broaden, and captures the general concept.

Lots of ideas.
I'm talking about getting down to "brass tacks". I know. An old saying but it's true. If you want to work toward something-improve on something-gain expertise in something-get "promoted"-be "happier" then you HAVE to decided what you are willing to put up with. You can be positive for an irrational reason. Drunk drivers do it all the time. People that keep trying the same solution to something and getting the same result are being positive for an irrational reason.

Right now I'm working on a problem with my daughter who is beyond 27 years old. I'm not worried about being positive, I'm trying to do what is rational. I have to search my beliefs and see if one or more do not meet objective reality. And believe me when I say that objective is the event and only the event. Everything after that is subjective or is my belief about the event. Nothing is good or bad until we decide. Objective is what a camera would see and only what a camera would see. In other words is my belief in what constitutes a "good father" really helpful or a defensive mechanism? If so it isn't going to help me or my daughter live a more productive life.

I'm at the point in my life that I don't have to be farting rainbows all the time. Down the road it'll come back to haunt me and others so I take my time and think through things more than I use to. I don't necessarily do what seems good at the moment. I

In other words I'm not willing to put up with certain things so I know to look elsewhere for what I want to do.

Does that make sense? There's a lot more I could say about being rational but enough for now.

whitelotus

Advisor Member
I used to try to think positively and it made me feel worse, and then I found that other people had the same challenge. I then realized that I needed to get to the emotion that was attached to the thought, the story that I was playing in my head. I'm now working in that way which is much more effective for me, which is also positivity. Thank you.

Queue

Coaching Member
I used to try to think positively and it made me feel worse, and then I found that other people had the same challenge. I then realized that I needed to get to the emotion that was attached to the thought, the story that I was playing in my head. I'm now working in that way which is much more effective for me, which is also positivity. Thank you.
That's true, a perception has a major role when it comes to our mood. By redirecting our thoughts through positive action we are able to dramatically change the direction of our outlook. How we feel is important. When we make decisions that are accordance with our preferences, wishes or choices is the only way to achieve happiness. Your welcome, and thank you, for expanding, the more I hear positive outcomes, the more I learn to appreciate positive thinking.

The positive ppl, have much more happy days, i think!) As for me, im trying to be positive, but sometimes, its not working(

Queue

Coaching Member
The positive ppl, have much more happy days, i think!) As for me, im trying to be positive, but sometimes, its not working(
Hi, Michael, Sometimes working through a problem requires taking a break from the issue. When your brain has time to breathe it can later find a solution. I would like to recommend a book called (Make Your Brain Smarter ) It's written by Sandra Bond Chapman, Ph.D. with Shelly Kirkland. Click here!

Have found the discussion here very encouraging and I have found that keeping a regular journal and monitoring your emotions very beneficial, but different things can work for each person.

A 100% maintaining a positive mindset is a major key to achieving our goals and creating new situations...

I've found it best to identify the route, addressing a situation, a person, your diet can all affect it...

And also one's self-image is important to have in the right place, there might be feelings of unworthiness or fear of failure tainting your thoughts that can be identified, writing down the feeling and the thought which makes you procrastinate and then writing the truth and a positive statement which you in turn say and keep telling your self, correcting you inner voice-monologue.

I have found journaling an effective way to identify, monitor and correct and then daily whether it's in your prayers or meditation or thinking about the work ahead of you, set your mind on that positive frequency.

I used to be very hard on myself and have learnt to laugh at my mistakes and see failures (not as being a failure) as the process of learning and crafting your success...

being around a group of like-minded people and a mate who you can confide in and ask to hold you accountable I have found to be great...

Have found assessing the risk of a situation and looking in a pessimistic way to identify potential problems useful, it's not about living in LA LA land of indifference, but then with a positive mindset taking action and speaking positively about it, so transformational...

Hope some of that helps
I've got seriously results from applying these principles and actions, you so can to...

Queue

Coaching Member
Have found the discussion here very encouraging and I have found that keeping a regular journal and monitoring your emotions very beneficial, but different things can work for each person.

A 100% maintaining a positive mindset is a major key to achieving our goals and creating new situations...

I've found it best to identify the route, addressing a situation, a person, your diet can all affect it...

And also one's self-image is important to have in the right place, there might be feelings of unworthiness or fear of failure tainting your thoughts that can be identified, writing down the feeling and the thought which makes you procrastinate and then writing the truth and a positive statement which you in turn say and keep telling your self, correcting you inner voice-monologue.

I have found journaling an effective way to identify, monitor and correct and then daily whether it's in your prayers or meditation or thinking about the work ahead of you, set your mind on that positive frequency.

I used to be very hard on myself and have learnt to laugh at my mistakes and see failures (not as being a failure) as the process of learning and crafting your success...

being around a group of like-minded people and a mate who you can confide in and ask to hold you accountable I have found to be great...

Have found assessing the risk of a situation and looking in a pessimistic way to identify potential problems useful, it's not about living in LA LA land of indifference, but then with a positive mindset taking action and speaking positively about it, so transformational...

Hope some of that helps
I've got seriously results from applying these principles and actions, you so can to...
Thank you, for your reply to my post, I appreciate your process and I do find it helpful. I believe that other people's viewpoints broaden my own, by adding dimension to a topic, therefore, enhances a better understanding.

Queue

Coaching Member
Yeah likewise man, I have found it's about consistently applying these methods/techniques/actions is when you see the change and improvement in the quality of your life!
True! I'm a big fan of lifelong learning, and self-improvement