Thinking of Starting An Online-Based Business?

AmazingP

Advisor Member
The market is now global and the reach at your finger tips can be potentially millions of people. That is how the internet changed the business landscape. Right now, businesses all over the world whether they are small, medium or big will never think otherwise as far as using the internet to conduct their business. This is the best time to go into online business. The best part is that we can do it at home while also attending to our families, what can be a better advantage than that?

There are so many ways to start an online business. In case, you already have one in your mind, please share it here and let us discuss how to magnify your chances of success and avoid some obvious and subtle pitfalls. :)

By no means am I trying to tell you that you shouldn’t start a business. But before you pull the trigger, you need to consider all the negative aspects and not just think positive.
With me, I got lucky. I started a business at a young age (I didn’t have a family to worry about), my parents took care of all of my bills, and I knew that I could always live at home.
Now on the other hand if you aren’t in the situation I was in when I was 16, your risk of starting a business is much higher. And if you can live with that… well… that’s what makes you a true entrepreneur.

zararina

Coaching Member
I am working online full time for years and have not thought of any good online business yet.
I used to be active on blogs and thought that I could effectively use it for some sort of selling or marketing but have not been too focused on it yet.

For me, starting an online business was the best decision I ever made. I did so back when I was still in college. It is a great way now for me to support my family especially since I am divorced. It does take hard work and dedication; even now that my business is established. But I feel confident that if I can start and maintain a successful business, anyone can.

A

artistry

I think that if you have a burning desire to start a business, on-line, off-line, I think you should do it. Do the research get as much information as you can and go for it.
If you don't try, you will not know what you could have done.

digitalbrew

By no means am I trying to tell you that you shouldn’t start a business. But before you pull the trigger, you need to consider all the negative aspects and not just think positive.
With me, I got lucky. I started a business at a young age (I didn’t have a family to worry about), my parents took care of all of my bills, and I knew that I could always live at home.
Now on the other hand if you aren’t in the situation I was in when I was 16, your risk of starting a business is much higher. And if you can live with that… well… that’s what makes you a true entrepreneur.
I used to buy and sell gadgets when I was still in school. I guess I had this ambition to earn as much while I am still under my mom's roof, as well.

One thing I've learned about maintaining an online business (or any business for that matter), is to never shell out more than you can afford. And although big risks can reap big rewards, it's still important to make a calculated one.

A

artistry

Digitalbrew, I think that is a very smart thing to remember. Having a budget is a good thing to have, so that you are aware of what is coming in and going out.

bneil

I have plans on doing this type of business, on where i sell ebooks and programs to people online and help them get success. Since i have worked through a lot of clients online before, I have learned some important things into starting this type of business. There are a lot of possible businesses to be built online, ranging from selling goods and services to developing softwares, etc.