Think and Grow Rich; stuck on #2

Kevology

If you've read Think and Grow Rich, you know about the six ways to turn desire into gold. Well, I'm stuck on #2 which also means I'm stuck on #4 too. I don't know exactly what I am able to give in return for my riches. Could I wait until I figure that out or put something generic down. I have been apathetic most of my life and there's nothing I'm really passionate about. Boring I know but I am determined to change that. Your thoughts and/or tips are much appreciated.

Hello I'm also reading think and grow rich, but I no way near your page... but you know sometimes all we have to do to find our passion is to get out of the comfort zone, one sunday go for a jog, the other go rafting, another day do karate, read other books, maybe you give excellent reviews, try building a website about anything really just to see how it is, experiment nobody can tell you what you can do and what you can't do so get out there and have fun really start a vlogging channel, go to a pickup bootcamp, try stuff, take classes, learn to cook amazing dishes and open a blog about them the world is full of opportunities, I started my youtube because I like helping people stay positive and achieve their dreams by bettering themselves, maybe you could try something like this or get into filmmaking, freelance writing really just start trying stuff! Hope it was helpful and hope you are having an awesome day!

DreamLifeRules

Coaching Member
If you've read Think and Grow Rich, you know about the six ways to turn desire into gold. Well, I'm stuck on #2 which also means I'm stuck on #4 too. I don't know exactly what I am able to give in return for my riches. Could I wait until I figure that out or put something generic down. I have been apathetic most of my life and there's nothing I'm really passionate about. Boring I know but I am determined to change that. Your thoughts and/or tips are much appreciated.
Hey, I already red this book, and it´s, good choice of learning material.
I wouldn´t say, that you aren´t passionate about anything, I think, this that you are reading this book, shows, that you have your interests, you want to help yourself either grow rich, or help your life.
So my advice for you is, keep trying, think what is the first think, you think when you get up in the morning.
What do you think of, when you have nothing to do.
I am sure, you´ll find your passion, but don´t underestimate it, don´t just pick something, for only one reason, that you want to move forward.
It may seem like little, but believe me, it´s first and most important step for your future (Dream) life.

I hope it helps, and good luck with finding your passion!

Mick IOM

Advisor Member
@Kevology, how old are you if I may ask?

Because if you're under 30, you just need to try stuff. There are numerous ways to find out what you like do to but the most important thing is that you just need to try a bunch of stuff for a short period of time and then figure out where you want to go.

If you haven't found anything you're passioned about yet, start looking there. Don't look for something that will make you "money" because it won't. Let me explain:

If you don't feel some sort of passion (meaning: if you don't really like what you do) chances are very high that you will give up once adversity kicks in. If you don't feel passioned it's really hard to stick with it through tough times.

Money is a by-product that comes to you when you give value to the world. I believe you can give the most amount of value when you love to do what you do.

I would say, watch the Ted Talk from Simon Sinek - "start with why" and then buy the book "find your why" which is the practical way of trying to figure out your purpose.

If you don't want to do this, there are numerous other articles on google that can help you. Just make a whole list of things that you think you would love to do (even though you don't feel necessary passionate about it right now) - and then try everything for a few months

In regards to the book, ask yourself this: how would you spend your day if you would be rich? That answer might help you.

All the best,
Mick

denydritz

Coaching Member
Hi @Kevology You can give your time for the amount of money you want, right?

I don't know how much money you want, but if it's within a normal salary amount, you can get a part time temporary job, or a full time job, or a new job, regardless of the field or industry, because you are simply giving your time for whatever venture the company has in return for money.