Therapy, what are your thoughts?

Hey guys!

I felt inspired yesterday so I wrote about Therapy and I was wondering if you feel similar on the subject.

I had a thought to write about it for a few months but I wasn't how fitting it will be on a self-development blog. I never really gave it too much thinking but when I started to wrote about it, it felt clear that it is another tool we have to develop ourselves.

We can use mentors, coaches, therapists, books, e-books, videos, seminars, personal experiences, webminars, podcasts, you name it!

I want to raise awareness on mental health through my blog too. I've been neglecting that myself for so long, feeling like a strong young man doesn't really need that... I was a fool but that's okay, I know better now. :p I had plenty of people around me thinking that too. It is funny to see how we attract similarly minded people, since I've changed, it is the opposite. I know plenty of people going to therapy, with different degrees of shame still but people happy to go and get help.

What is your experience with therapy? I know it changed my wife's life and I hope it will help me reconnect to my emotions deeper as I struggle with that on my own for quite a while now!

I am watching some YouTube channel too for a few months now, I've been learning amazing little things that will help me all my life and I can share with people around me. It is definitely an area a would recommend to have some interest for people in self-development.

The last blog post about it: https://ongoinggrowing.com/importance-mental-hygiene-start-therapy/

I'm quite honest and share my personal challenges but I assume people from this forum won't have issues with that!

Cheers

Nico

Btw I considered Health for mental health, feel free to move the thread if more appropriate somewhere else!

Tallstack

Btw I considered Health for mental health, feel free to move the thread if more appropriate somewhere else!
I agree that there should be more mental health info or help with cost of seeing a therapist (or counselor, if that makes you more comfortable). I think I'm a little older than you are which has given me time to learn more. Of course, if like some people you don't use what you've learned then what good is it.

It's not what you THINK but what you THINK and BELIEVE that counts. Two different things.

Lisa Moore

Its good that there are more people like you doing such advocacy, where there are more informational thoughts how to live this world with an healthy mindset or encourage to fight against mental problems.

Tallstack

Thank you for your king comments.

It's tough changing the way you think. Once we learn something it takes a process to change to a more rational idea.

I hope you ask me how to know if something is rational for me.

AnMa

I have done a lot of therapy for chronique anxiety and panic attacks. Honestly, the first time I went, I was sooo nervous.... but then, wow! It felt so good to talk about it! And learn about what I was going through!
Then I couldn't stop talking about my problems haha. Now I can openly talk about my problems to almost anyone (it's not necessary a good thing lol)

After about 10 years of therapy or so, i realized that talk therapy is pretty useless... well for me at least. The best therapists I've seen introduced me to alternative methods, energy healing like EFT, EMDR, and then one of the best therapist I've had was super passionate about energy healing techniques and she would talk to me about all the new techniques she would learn and I would explore them too and be super excited! I loved her very much as I felt we were really on the same wavelength. Now, she has created her own technique. She doesn't do therapy anymore.

I feel like all the new techniques I've explored, plus everything I learned around it about the subconscious mind, the mind-body connection, quantum physics, all of this is the future of therapy. I think it's important information that most therapist do not know about, well especially therapist that uses "talk therapy". And I think those methods are way more effective because they go to the root of most issues and are much faster.