The secret to a lasting marriage.

What do you think the secret is to a lasting marriage?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WitchyWoman

I have been married 26 years to my best friend. Often I am asked what the secret is, to a successful marriage is. Marriage requires dedication and consistency to make it work. Devote as much time as possible to each other. The most important piece of information I share is to keep your marriage alive. Do not allow yourself to get caught up in the same routine week after week. I am very blessed we have found what works for us. I would be very interested in you taking a moment to let me know what you think the secret is to a lasting marriage!

Love & Light,

WitchyWoman

radascars

Advisor Member
I am not married yet but I have been into relationship for over a year now, I know that I can't really tell what is the best for a lasting marriage but ideally all of the choices are the ones that needs to prioritize. With that you'll definitely have a good and lasting relationship with your spouse.

Cecil Estrera

Oftentimes, my husband and I would have an argument because of lack of time with each other. That's why I try as much as possible to make time for him and my kids. And I guess it worked for us.

I guess when we're already committed we should give them enough attention so that the relationship would grow into more strong and lasting foundation. I myself tries hard for us to have a happy marriage. I really believe that married couples should stay together, even life is not all ups.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
Congratulations for that long 26 years of being bonded together as one in flesh and spirit. marriages are breaking down in our society because of wrong orientation and false expectations. Maybe most people who entered into a marriage are just thinking that there could be a magical instant formula to make it work. Sadly, there is none. Both partners should work hard for the relationship to work and survive in the face of many trials and tribulations which will surely come into the relationship.

minigo

The secret to a lasting marriage is to marry the one you think is the right person to spend the rest of your life with. I am with my partner, friend, and lover for seventeen years now--12 years exclusively dating and 5 years married. I think our marriage is doing well because we do not complicate things, since marriage life is challenging already to begin with. We simply enjoy our marriage. That's it. We keep it on a happy state--always! It is a must to keep it alive and kicking. As long as you love the person, expressing your feelings and keeping each other secure and happy comes out easily and naturally.

zararina

Coaching Member
It was always nice to know couples that are still bonded together for years. Congrats! ;)

I am also not yet married but I think all choices above could help a marriage lasts forever. Honesty and trust are very important to keep the love alive as well as constant communication and spending quality time together. It was also right that both should accept each other and let him grow as a person and should not be forced to be someone else.

DeeNeely

Communications and honesty. The most important thing is remembering that your spouse isn't property or any sort. You can control who they talk to, care about and want to spend time with. As soon as you start treating them like property your relationship is done.