The Power of Positive Words

Marmalade

This takes positive thinking a step farther and it helps me so much in my life. Speak positive words and positive things happen. There is something powerful in the energy of our words that call positive (or negative) things to us. Remembering to practice it (especially during a trying time) is really the only difficult part :)

zararina

Coaching Member
I also believe in the power of positive words and positive thinking. It was like attracting positive energy in our life and it gives us more hope to pursue things such as our goals in life. It make us more relaxed and happy since we see things positively. Saying good words to others could also bring them hope and self confidence. And help them to feel better about themselves.

Zippy

I believe in the 3 p's: perception, possibility and probibility. I think that the act of thinking can move us into perception. However, I think that we need to use positive language to help move an intent into the next two (depending on the person). After probability comes manifestation into realty. I believe by both thinking and speaking positively we can begin to move through the 3 p's in a smoother and more effective way. In the end the intent to create a more successful life becomes reality. This can take time and patience. But I believe it is worth the effort.

A

artistry

I read an article sometime ago, about an experiment that was performed with water and words. A doctor or a scientist, I forget which, took a bowl of water and spoke words over the bowl of water, and then he flash froze the water. He spoke positive words such as happy, lovely, sweet, cheerful and so on, then froze the water. The crystals that formed from the positive words, were very beautiful and pleasant to look at. He then did the same thing, but used very negative words like ugly, devisive, hateful, mean, and strife. He froze the water and then looked at the resulting crystal formations. The crystals were deformed and grotesque, very different from the first set of crystals. From this experiment, one can tell how powerful the words we speak are in our lives. We are after all about 75% water, so try to reinforce positive energy by using words, which reflect a positive attitude and mindset. We will help ourselves by doing so. Cheers.

Empangop

Negative words are also quite0 powerful. We have heard people using negative thinking to destroy other people's life or the country's economy. Some thinking are also so negative that those powerful people who use them can become very rich and powerful. They can get whatever they want as long as they are willing to execute those negative thoughts into action. For example, those President who have positive thought to monopoly the politics of a country. He may look like very positive but behind the close door, he is trying to abuse his power to get the most from his people through political struggle.

fancyfingers

Yes, I am a believer too in positive words and actions. I say, I choose to be happy. Making that choice gives me the freedom to find the positive in all things. Some days, it is much harder than others, but once found, it makes anything easier to accept, change, do, live, you name it.

yurithebest1

Whenever i am depressed, i just need to hear some couple of good words from a relative or a friend, that really give me a hope in life, smiling is also another great way that cheers me up even if i have lots of problem over my head.
In a nutshell, i really believe in the power of good words as well as smiling, which can make me think and act positively.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I agree that words can be so powerful. In fact, since all of our ideas and opinions are all expressed in words, they can all convey power to all of us. Words can be use to positively lift a person or on the other hand influence someone negatively. This is the reason why self-development experts are always relaying on correct words to say to encourage other people to achieve their own potential in generating wealth and success. Words can be liken to double-edged sword. ;)

GJGreyling

Coaching Member
Talking to yourself positively is underrated. I can’t count how many people I’ve told off for saying something like “I’m so stupid!” when they make a mistake. I’m sure we’ve all done it. My rule of thumb is if you wouldn’t let someone else say it to you don’t say it to yourself.

Talking to yourself positively starts with positive thinking. Positive thinking rarely comes naturally for us, so one technique I use is Affirmations. Affirmations are positive sentences you write and read to yourself daily. For example “I get better looking every day.”

If you aren’t comfortable talking to yourself out loud start by doing it every day on the way to work, in the shower or whenever you are alone.

Thora

Advisor Member
Talking to yourself positively is underrated. I can’t count how many people I’ve told off for saying something like “I’m so stupid!” when they make a mistake. I’m sure we’ve all done it. My rule of thumb is if you wouldn’t let someone else say it to you don’t say it to yourself
That is so true!

You have to be mindful of what you're saying to yourself.

If you are in a negative spiral it's not easy to break free from it, thinking positively in such a state is like trying to stop a speeding train with your boots on the rails. So saying positive affirmations out loud multiple times during the day is a good way to climb your way out of that spiral. You don't have to believe it in the beginning just say it often enough and consistently enough for your subconscious to start listening. Eventually you start believing in the good things about yourself and life in general.

You could write affirmations down on post-it stamps and put them on every wall, mirror, door you can find in your house. Have them as your background on your computer screen. Every time you see one of them you say the affirmation out loud 10 times. To make it even more powerful you should tie it in with the happiest emotion you can think of, your happiest memories are key here (not unlike Harry Potter and the petronus spell).

You are worth the effort. Your happiness raises the vibration of the world. Your happiness matters to everyone else on this planet.

Live easy!
Thora MJ

Erica Faith

Coaching Member
This takes positive thinking a step farther and it helps me so much in my life. Speak positive words and positive things happen. There is something powerful in the energy of our words that call positive (or negative) things to us. Remembering to practice it (especially during a trying time) is really the only difficult part :)
It's like a helping hand, Marmalade. I love this.
Sometimes, it's just all it takes to turn a life around.

A

Aaron

Positive thinking always leave good signs and it has positive effects on things and an optimist person always get success in every walk of life.

Last edited by a moderator:

saliksaly

Advisor Member
I read an article sometime ago, about an experiment that was performed with water and words. A doctor or a scientist, I forget which...
It is Dr. Masaru Emoto.
Here is a video about the water crystals formed by words:

---------------

Next - I hink the words we use determine our lives. As somebody said: "Every moment we write new lines to a screenplay for our life, with the words we use".
It really maters which words we use to name things in out life. It exppresses our inner wealth. For example - how I call my wife, my children etc...
Using nice words the "screenplay" is a commedy/romantic, otherwise tgagedy/horror...

Last edited:

mark brewer

Advisor Member
Hi,
Dr. Emoto was the man who carried out tests on frozen water and exposed it to different words and phrases. Quite shocking results too.
Images of the results from his tests can be found online relatively easily.
I think the skill of being 'aware' of how we communicate to ourselves, and how we think, is absolutely essential if we want to maintain any longterm positivity in our lives.
It is predicted by the World Health Organization that depression will be second only to heart disease by the year 2020.
Negativity is just a state of mind that can be controlled and tamed with the right practices.
Mark Brewer

Last edited by a moderator:

May

I don't believe in Mr. Emoto's work, but I do of course believe that our internal self-talk has a profound effect on our mood and our perspective as we go through our day.

When we experience a negative event it's like being struck by two arrows. The first arrow is the event in and of itself. The second arrow is our negative interpretation of the event. The negative self-talk, angry reactions, and dwelling on the unfortunate event even long after it's passed.

We cannot often shield ourselves from the first arrow. Suffering is a fact of life. But why prolong our suffering by driving into ourselves a second arrow?

allanrsm

Coaching Member
The effect of positive self talk/affirmations is a profound and significant measure in beingable to take us emotionally and mentally to a place we want to be with the manifestation of our desired results following not long after.

When we talk ourselves up we get a source of inspiration to direct us towards our goals as well as the energy to make them happen.

Samantha

Positive words, affirmations and thinking make a HUGE difference in day to day lives! It is so easy to get sucked into the gossip, negativity and darkness that is in the world, and sometimes it does take work to stay positive, but it is amazing how you can have something bad happen and if you choose to change your mindset and look at it from a positive perspective (even a teeny, tiny nugget of positivity) how it can grow into a sense of peace, happiness and feelings of possibility. At the end of the day whether you are a spiritual person or not, we all give off energy (scientific fact) and like attracts like, so why wouldn't you want to attract positive things to you and give off positive feelings rather than get bogged down by the negative?

Hubert Koh

"Whether you think you can or cannot, you are both right" - This quote represents the true meaning of positive thinking and thus beliefs.

Reactions: Nas

Nas

Do you really want a result about the power of positive words?
It has to be a second nature, more you will change your inner speech and more it will become a habit.
Then to reinforce the process, you can use the autosuggestion (I invite you to see about Emile Coué in SELF MASTERY THROUGH CONSCIOUS AUTOSUGGESTION) it can help.
Also, you can read only book that you like and to talk only on that you want.
I have made since 3 years and there is a great result : that's why I suggest the autosuggestion ;-)