The Power of Giving Freely

J E Roberson

Senior Advisor
How abundant do you live and give. One telling sign is how much competition you engage in with your fellow man outside of actual competitive situations. It is easy to fall into a lack mentality or an attitude of feeling insufficient, both will cause us to seek fulfillment from beating others to a material good or goal. I want to invite you to feel your body with enough love to give freely.

Giving abundantly isn’t about the amount in which you give. Giving abundantly is about what you expect when you give. Only those who are full of Love can give abundantly. This is because love is a flow of energy. Despite the outer actions, Love flow can only be determined with a close mindful eye and usually the beholder will only know.Here is the difference, when loves flows freely it causes one to act in ways that allow the flow to spread from their actions into the world and the flow is sufficient and not needy. When one is not full of love they may engage in similar actions however those actions are done to gather love. This means they do something kind, but strongly seek the acknowledgment, the thanks you, the praise or the power from giving.

Can you give without expecting, are you full enough on love to act without seeking love? I challenge you to do two things that will increase your power to give freely and change your Earth experience.The first is increasing the flow of love you have to give and second is to give this Love freely.

A few of many ways to increase self Love is by judging yourself less, treating yourself well and telling your self-loving things.

You can gauge this love increase by working on the art of giving freely. To give freely start by lowering the expectation you have for those you give to. Don’t linger for the thank you when you hold the door open. Don’t expect the wave when you let a car merge in front of you. Give anonymously.

When you give and have an expectation, you are giving to receive love. Love yourself enough to give fully and unattached to the receiving end of your gift. Try it for a few weeks and watch your energy increase as the flow of life recognizes the space in your vessel wanted to be filled with love.

Thank you for reading -To being the hero of your story

allanrsm

Coaching Member
Great article and contribution. A principal by which I am trying to live more with is "Love Your Neighbor as Yourself!" I feel this is such an extremeley important principal that when understood and applied we will be able to experience a wonderful measure of harmony and peace that brings as substantial contribution to our society as well as drawing to ourselves a more expanded awareness of the fact that what we give we get.

The depth of this law is immense, it does not restrict our love to those we do not like or those we have issues with or those that do not correspond with our understanding. It equips us with a resolve to better understand, support and contribute to the well being and up-liftment of our neighbor in their specific situations!

The other important aspect is that we measure our self sacrifice adequately with keeping a positive balance.

The total application of this law is that ignorance is overcome by understanding and the desire to increase this understanding of our neighbor.

Last edited:

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
it does not restrict our love to those we do not like or those we have issues with
Great point, the essence of unconditional love! That's not an easy shift to make but I agree about your points, it's very transforming when you can truly adopt it. I think many agree with the principle intellectually or belief in it from their religion, but living by it is the real goal.

Cynthia

Senior Advisor
You're right. Giving gets you out of yourself, as well as making a difference in the world in each of the small things you do.

Mitra Shahidi

Giving ripples out in waves like a stone plunked into still waters. It connects us in a visible way and it makes us realize that we are not alone
and we are all connected in this world.
It doesn’t have to be something complicated . It can be a smile or a gentle hug. or a few mintues of attntive listening. Afterall it is not about
how much we give, rather than how we give. The more we give with unconditional generosity the more we feel better about ourselves, as how we have the
power to make others feel better about themselves or their lives.