The most useful thing you have learned or experienced

convert411

Life purpose and destiny seem to be questions that occupy everyone’s minds at one time or another. I’m grateful for all my experiences but lately I’ve had this urge that I haven’t yet found my mission in life. You know, something that I can be successful at and still fulfill my desire to help create a better world.

Since each of us is truly unique and have experienced life in a completely different way, I feel that we all have something to contribute to society. You might call it a piece of enlightenment or the death bed confession, but I’d like to see us reveal our knowledge, so that others may benefit from it. So instead of waiting until you are ready to transition from this life experience, why not contemplate what you have to add to other people’s lives right now!

So my question is: "if you only had a short time left in this lifetime, what is the most important thing you would like to pass on to someone else?"
  • Is it something that inspired you?
  • Is it a passion that you would love to teach others about?
  • Is it something that you would never do again?
  • Is it something that if you had made a different choice, would have changed your life completely?
  • Maybe your grandparents or parents passed on a great insight that helped you!
  • Maybe you have a fear that you were able to overcome!
  • Maybe it was something that was very painful but taught you exactly what you needed to learn at that time.

I know when I started reflecting on this question, I realized that rescuing two shelter dogs was one of the best things I‘ve ever done in my life. It’s only two lives I was saving, but when you put it in perspective, that you are only one of many who does this, it’s an awesome feeling. Yes, it meant a lot of work and dedication, but being able to gain their trust and build a loving relationship has been amazing. They also get me outside in the fresh air, bring laughter through their crazy and adorable actions, and bring more energy into the house.

This is just my example of an answer to this question but I would love to hear from others what their answer is.

If you feel inspired by this question or it resonates with you, I would love to hear your response.

Thanks for reading

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
Great question to ponder! The first thing that comes to mind for me is to learn to live in the moment and be happy with whatever you're doing, even in the simple things. Life is the now, not the past or the future. If we're always thinking about the past or future we're never really enjoying our life are we?

A related topic I think is regrets people have on their deathbed, I really liked this article http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/04/27/the-top-5-regrets-of-the-dying/). #5 is similar to my point above, and #4 had actually motivated me to connect more often with an old friend.

convert411

Great question to ponder! The first thing that comes to mind for me is to learn to live in the moment and be happy with whatever you're doing, even in the simple things. Life is the now, not the past or the future. If we're always thinking about the past or future we're never really enjoying our life are we?

A related topic I think is regrets people have on their deathbed, I really liked this article http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/04/27/the-top-5-regrets-of-the-dying/). #5 is similar to my point above, and #4 had actually motivated me to connect more often with an old friend.
Thank you for sharing! I find myself thinking about the past or worrying about the future quite often and I need to appreciate the now. Also, thanks for sharing the article as well, it is a great quick read.

Access Your Brain

Great question raised. We are so preoccupied with our past and worried about our future that we simply neglect our present. You know this made me think of how the world would look if there were only values and principles that are not congruent with a materialistic nature of a human being. And this reminded me of the youtube video I recently posted on my Facebook page. And this is really about the values and principles I am referring to that money CAN'T buy. Enjoy http://on.fb.me/Pejjnv :)

Joshua McNeil

That life is too short, enjoy every minute even if you are having troubles right now cause they will pass. Even the hardest/worried days pass. And when you look back you don't want to regret sweating that small stuff. Keep your eyes to the stars and don't ever stop dreaming big and reaching for the stars.

I can't say what's the most useful..different things are useful at different times, they each have their special place in helping me along. I think one of the most useful has been about happiness. I received this message/idea that a large part of having it comes from more than getting what you want..and, that even after getting what you want, you can still be miserable without putting the other things into practice...so, basically, do the other things where you can. I still battle with focusing my energy completely on creating things and not taking the other steps which sustain happiness, but as far as the useful things to remember, this is definitely on the top of my list.

namktqs

Coaching Member
If I want to be wealth, I need help other people solve their problem, don't matter what is their problem, more people I can help, there more money paid for me.

tomasoberg

• Embrace change
  • Take massive action all the time
  • Always think positive
  • Focus on opportunities, if your faced with new problems your on the right way.
  • Travel
  • Show others the way
  • Become your best self
  • Experience , get slammed and crushed by life get up and try again.
  • Open your heart and mind
  • Love yourself and work on yourself daily
  • Read/listen and learn every single day
  • Learn to forgive
  • Its okey to feel down for 1-2 days , then pick yourself up
  • If your starting to achieve success just take more action ( more tree on the fire )
  • Believe in yourself no matter what
  • Have huge goals "I going to take down the moon"
  • Get mentors
  • Connect with people and make money for them
  • Give shitloads of value
  • Have karma in mind
  • Keep contact with freinds and family
  • Dont build your life on external things ( house,cars, girlfriends, money etc)
  • Start working towards your own dreams , if you dont have any find them!
  • If your good at something keep doing it and learn more about it to become better
  • Be careful with taking advice from people, for example you cant take advice from someone thats not rich how to handle your money.
    Why would you ? or a relationship question with someone who has destroyed 2 relationships before
  • Dont accept the "society norms" be your own
  • Dare to be great
  • Trust in your abilities if you don't "fake it until you make it" and believe me it works.
  • Get yourself a lot of humor if you dont have it
  • Laugh daily about yourself and other external factors
  • Dont be afraid to connect with people and close deals
  • Start "failing" yourself towards your dreams
  • Learn from your mistakes and others and dont repeat them
  • If your on the buss/subway or anywhere , dont listen to music listen to audio books your own university in your ears
  • Keep your body healthy / work out at least 3 times a week
  • Eat good food
  • Get good sleep
  • Have Sex
  • Go out and be social
  • Learn to focus more on 1 thing at the time then multitasking
  • Work like a machine, always try to find new solutions , new ways , and again take massive action !

namktqs

Coaching Member
  • Embrace change
  • Take massive action all the time
  • Always think positive
  • Focus on opportunities, if your faced with new problems your on the right way.
  • Travel
  • Show others the way
  • Become your best self
  • Experience , get slammed and crushed by life get up and try again.
  • Open your heart and mind
  • Love yourself and work on yourself daily
  • Read/listen and learn every single day
  • Learn to forgive
  • Its okey to feel down for 1-2 days , then pick yourself up
  • If your starting to achieve success just take more action ( more tree on the fire )
  • Believe in yourself no matter what
  • Have huge goals "I going to take down the moon"
  • Get mentors
  • Connect with people and make money for them
  • Give shitloads of value
  • Have karma in mind
  • Keep contact with freinds and family
  • Dont build your life on external things ( house,cars, girlfriends, money etc)
  • Start working towards your own dreams , if you dont have any find them!
  • If your good at something keep doing it and learn more about it to become better
  • Be careful with taking advice from people, for example you cant take advice from someone thats not rich how to handle your money.
    Why would you ? or a relationship question with someone who has destroyed 2 relationships before
  • Dont accept the "society norms" be your own
  • Dare to be great
  • Trust in your abilities if you don't "fake it until you make it" and believe me it works.
  • Get yourself a lot of humor if you dont have it
  • Laugh daily about yourself and other external factors
  • Dont be afraid to connect with people and close deals
  • Start "failing" yourself towards your dreams
  • Learn from your mistakes and others and dont repeat them
  • If your on the buss/subway or anywhere , dont listen to music listen to audio books your own university in your ears
  • Keep your body healthy / work out at least 3 times a week
  • Eat good food
  • Get good sleep
  • Have Sex
  • Go out and be social
  • Learn to focus more on 1 thing at the time then multitasking
  • Work like a machine, always try to find new solutions , new ways , and again take massive action !
Good list, Myself learned need to discipline and commitment to action, love and passion to do, always think positive and keep reading more to have knowledge to solves my problem. Always be trust myself, do with my best, like express myself, choose happy today, do good things for myself even must change bad habit or fear. That is something I want to add more this time.

tomasoberg

Good list, Myself learned need to discipline and commitment to action, love and passion to do, always think positive and keep reading more to have knowledge to solves my problem. Always be trust myself, do with my best, like express myself, choose happy today, do good things for myself even must change bad habit or fear. That is something I want to add more this time.
Thanks !
Good adding, really a lot of golden nuggets here!