The Habit of Daily Walking

tangwystal

Walked today. This is becoming instinctive and automatic. Good!

Alternate title for The Great Gatsby: I Am Uncomfortable With Your Personal Drama And I Want To Go Home: The Nick Caraway Story. [With chapters including: I Am Uncomfortable With Your Personal Drama And You Are In My Home (Please Stop)]

tangwystal

Walked today. Didn't yesterday--memorial day threw things off. I need to find a way to remember this habit over the weekend. The problem is weekend lunches are so much less formal.

msuccess -- that's utterly vile. I am also going to clean my phone now.

tangwystal

Walked today. Also walked yesterday--just forgot to post it here.

Tomorrow's the last day of the month. Weekend hiccups aside, I think I've gotten pretty deep into the habit of walking after lunch. I've had one difficulty with it--I think much better while sitting stills, so when I really need to think about things, I tend to sit down. I think this is okay--there's always walking around before that, and sometimes thinking is very important.

"Every calling is great when greatly pursued."
Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

tangwystal

Did not walk last Friday, but had good reason--I smashed my toe up good and can't walk much at all.

So that's a month of a habit! I think it's been pretty successful. I'm going to brainstorm and put up the next one some time today or tomorrow.

betty blue

This is a great thread! I like to walk every day; I remember someone saying once that its impossible to be worried and anxious when walking at speed- and its true! I live in a small market town, so its easy to get around on foot, there`s a nice park nearby, so I can soon be amongst trees and greenery, which is another thing which raises your spirits. Best of all, I get to be with my dog, who will go for a walk with me anytime!

zararina

Coaching Member
Nice that you have such will to do a daily activity. :)
I also enjoy walking and would love to do that on a daily basis too as I want to have a healthier lifestyle. Also daily walking can relieve stress.

betty blue

I walked my dog in the park today, although the weather is not as nice as it has been recently, its still a lovely time of year to be out in the fresh air. I must admit that I sometimes prefer it when there are less people about; I like to have the place to myself and my thoughts, to mull things over. Also there is more chance of seeing wildlife when the park is quiet. Its very peaceful under the trees, with birds and squirrels about.

eden0819

wow! i'd like to make walking as part of my Happy Tools too! I need that!