The Flow Experience

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
I've noticed before that we find pleasure when things are flowing well, perhaps can be called "The flow experience". A recent blog posting by Harvard Health Publications touches on this concept and the author gives a great personal example from his own life. I've felt this in various simple activities that you wouldn't think would bring happiness, but something about it does when you just get into a certain "zone" and things flow in a positive manner. Could there be a spiritual connection when these things happen, where we're tapping into a higher level of conscientiousness? Perhaps.

As has already been demonstrated through all sorts of means, things like this that bring us happiness can also benefit our health. So the question I would pose is how can we induce this flow experience more often?

zararina

Coaching Member
I think if we tend to do more the things we really like doing and giving out best foot forward for it, it could keep the things flowing well. It will be less complicated and therefore more happiness to flow and be experienced in our lives.

A

artistry

.....Very interesting theory. There are times, when all things appear to be moving in the right direction. I would think that if we try to direct our minds, toward positive outcomes, with whatever we are involved in, that may have a good, strong influence on circumstances, and help take us to that "flowing" concept. Well worth trying for sure.