The benefits of intermittent fasting

Hubert Koh

About two years ago, I want to to find out a way to maintain body fat with little or no cardio running. I believe intermittent fasting is the key to losing body fat without losing much muscle.

Hubert Koh

10 Evidence-benefits of intermittent fasting

1. Intermittent Fasting Changes The Function of Cells, Genes and Hormones

This requires some knowledge of biology or physiology. The hormones involved will be insulin and human growth hormone.

In short, when you fast, insulin levels drop and human growth hormone increases. This means less fat stored and more muscle ready to be growing!

Hubert Koh

2. Intermittent Fasting Can Help You Lose Weight and Belly Fat

While there is no such thing as spot reduction exercises, IF has been proven to be very effective in reducing belly fat. Usually it is the last fat to go away, especially for guys.

Now for some numbers:
According to a 2014 review of the scientific literature, intermittent fasting can cause weight loss of 3-8% over 3-24 weeks.
One review study also showed that intermittent fasting caused less muscle loss than continuous calorie restriction

Hubert Koh

Did you know that intermittent fasting can also improve your productivity as well? There are certain hormones that will make you sharp and awake in times of hunger, and actually improve your work performance! But use this with some caution my friend!

Nas

I have used to fast since my childhood: and it was benefit for the mind and a body.
I have surpassed myself making sports in same time: and here I have realised my real potential and what I am able.
Also that was helped me to change my way of eating and to make diet easily, in the long term the result is unbelievable ;-)

Hubert Koh

Amazing Nas. I first got to know of this idea by reading the book eat stop eat. Every single then, I make it a point to fast at least once a week.

It makes me grateful for food as well. :) Gratefulness is also an key quality that comes with me. Amazing right!

Reactions: Nas

Cynthia

Senior Advisor
helped me to change my way of eating
That was my experience, too, with a long-term cleansing fast and slow return to eating. I was more conscious of my choices, and more willing to do what I needed to do to get the right mix of food for me.

Jason Surmillon

Coaching Member
I've personally tried this 2 years ago and it works! What worked for me was calculating my macros and making sure I hit the amount of protein carbs and fats within my eating window

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

PeterJohnson

Recently I lost 16.5 lb. using intermittent fasting. It was over a 3-month period and not very structured, but fasting still resulted in a benefits for me.