The Art of setting GOALS and executing them

I am developing my methods with setting goals and getting them, I'm interested to know how other people approach this?

Here is my main strategy...

Its that classic effective system of setting goals the night before and review them at the end of the day.

I do this on a weekly basis, and you can set realistic, achievable targets for the end of the week which moves you towards completing monthly goals;

The six-step goal setting system:
  • At the end of each day of work, write down the six most important things you need to accomplish tomorrow. Don't write down more than six goals.
  • Order your six goals in a rank of their true importance.
  • When you start tomorrow, concentrate only on the first goal. Work until the first goal is finished before moving on to the next.
  • Approach the rest of your list in the same way. At the end of the day, move any unfinished goals to a new list of six goals for the following day.
  • Repeat this process every working day.
But I have learnt not to let your Goals list become a dogmatic tyrant but to use it to craft a path and elevate one's steps into a symphony of success. Like the musical notes are there for you to learn, explore and experience in response to other musical notes and inputs of sound and form an arrangement of a "Goal achieved"!

The famous scientist Albert Einstein who came up with the theory of relativity said, 'If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things." - Albert Einstein

Any other methods/techniques/strategies I would be interested to hear...

Hello, thanks for sharing your method. I am not actually used to set daily goals in a specific way like you suggest, i have a big vision of my main 2-3 goals and i let the motivation that comes out to do the rest. I can work very hard until my mind tells me that for that day it is over.

Anyway your thread is opening a reflection inside of me to understand if and how planning the days in a more systematic way could be good for me. I believe there is also in reaching goals a personal style.

Thanks a lot for the aphorism of Einstein, i already posted it in my fb profile to remember about it. It is sometimes discouraging asking to people what are their goals in life and seeing them looking at you like telling "what kind of a weird question is this?". I see many people in Italy (where i was born) or Spain (where i live), not having goals; like being brainwashed by a system that prefers them not to have goals so that they will need something else to lean on.

About strategies i would suggest emotional techniques to work on emotional blocks that cause procrastination and lack of energy and motivation. First one writing down: just writing down for 5 minutes per day about your emotions and 5 minutes about your goals in general helps very much. Another technique that i would suggest is Eft (on youtube there are plenty of videos on any goal, emotion.. just type for example "eft procrastination")

Hello, thanks for sharing your method. I am not actually used to set daily goals in a specific way like you suggest, i have a big vision of my main 2-3 goals and i let the motivation that comes out to do the rest. I can work very hard until my mind tells me that for that day it is over.

Anyway your thread is opening a reflection inside of me to understand if and how planning the days in a more systematic way could be good for me. I believe there is also in reaching goals a personal style.

Thanks a lot for the aphorism of Einstein, i already posted it in my fb profile to remember about it. It is sometimes discouraging asking to people what are their goals in life and seeing them looking at you like telling "what kind of a weird question is this?". I see many people in Italy (where i was born) or Spain (where i live), not having goals; like being brainwashed by a system that prefers them not to have goals so that they will need something else to lean on.

About strategies, I would suggest emotional techniques to work on emotional blocks that cause procrastination and lack of energy and motivation. First one writing down: just writing down for 5 minutes per day about your emotions and 5 minutes about your goals, in general, helps very much. Another technique that I would suggest is Eft (on youtube there are plenty of videos on any goal, emotion.. just type for example "eft procrastination")
Hey, yea I think personal style is paramount in using an approach that works for you. I feel it comes down to balance to have some organisation and free flow, allowing like you say that natural motivation to develop and move you, but I was reading in that book "Willpower" That many greats and high performers contrary to what their criticising contemporaries especially the artist type have thought That setting, budgeting, scheduling specific amounts of time to write, work, practice a discipline in repetitive routine is key to achieving a high work rate. I have found a methodical system good for the things I may miss!

And yes, so many people are conditioned to not be independent and entrepreneurial, self-education and the power of the internet is allowing a lot of change for good though. I will check that out sounds interesting. I have started seriously journaling again and I agree it helps tackle mental blocks and streamline your thoughts into positive action in line with your goals. Mind mapping, as well as a great tool for planning which I use and I, go further into this with goal setting, vision and the power of the heart based around the teachings of King Solomon (the richest man who ever lived) in my free ebook which is very informative...

Last edited:

DreamLifeRules

Advisor Member
Great tips. I also rank my goals for day by difficulty and starts always with most important goal. It is because in the morning you have more energy then through other parts of day. Also in the morning you are not as disturbed as later. And also psychologically - once you finish your most important task, you have less difficult tasks to finish, and it isn´t as bug problem then. Amish has that saying: ,,When you have something hard to do, jump right in, nect time you notice, it´s half way done."

Great stuff!

Yes totally, top techniques for getting serious results that prominent success instructors and coaches advise;

- Daily goal setting in conjunction with weekly and monthly goals
- set in the rank of priority, completing each goal before moving on to the next one
- state the exact next action with regards to what can be achieved with the resources you have
- positive mental attitude towards list being a tool for progressive productivity, not a perfectionist tyrant
- moving unfinished goals on to the next list for following day

But importantly I find to be living your "WHY" throughout your pursuit of these goals and using it to course structure to one's movements but to allow natural flow to one's own inspiration and reaction to spontaneous events...

I have found Journaling a revolutionary benefit, where one can monitor one's own spiritual, psychological and physiological state leading one's footsteps with a positive affirmation of actions to take and ultimate dream results one will attain, keeps focus and reinforces it daily...

Highly recommend the book, "WILLPOWER" and "HOW TO THINK LIKE LEONARDO DA VINCI"! fantastic resources that tackle this area in fine detail...

Let me know if you want any book recommendations in other areas of personal development!

Great tips. I also rank my goals for day by difficulty and starts always with most important goal. It is because in the morning you have more energy then through other parts of day. Also in the morning you are not as disturbed as later. And also psychologically - once you finish your most important task, you have less difficult tasks to finish, and it isn´t as bug problem then. Amish has that saying: ,,When you have something hard to do, jump right in, nect time you notice, it´s half way done."

Great that you write your goals and make sure you execute. It's very important to know where are you leading towards. The process of settings goals and making sure where you stand would lead you to success in sooner time.
Yeah so true, The 80/20 rule, prioritising is essential but efficiency is not quite being effective, you can be busy and unproductive at the same time, daily Goals have to focus on what will attain the highest volume of work rate result in the area of your top goals. But not to fall into the trap of multi-tasking, I find less can bring more execution and simplicity breeds brilliance! Great point got to know where you are leading towards, Vision!

I am developing my methods with setting goals and getting them, I'm interested to know how other people approach this?

Here is my main strategy...

Its that classic effective system of setting goals the night before and review them at the end of the day.

I do this on a weekly basis, and you can set realistic, achievable targets for the end of the week which moves you towards completing monthly goals;

The six-step goal setting system:
  • At the end of each day of work, write down the six most important things you need to accomplish tomorrow. Don't write down more than six goals.
  • Order your six goals in a rank of their true importance.
  • When you start tomorrow, concentrate only on the first goal. Work until the first goal is finished before moving on to the next.
  • Approach the rest of your list in the same way. At the end of the day, move any unfinished goals to a new list of six goals for the following day.
  • Repeat this process every working day.
But I have learnt not to let your Goals list become a dogmatic tyrant but to use it to craft a path and elevate one's steps into a symphony of success. Like the musical notes are there for you to learn, explore and experience in response to other musical notes and inputs of sound and form an arrangement of a "Goal achieved"!

The famous scientist Albert Einstein who came up with the theory of relativity said, 'If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things." - Albert Einstein

Any other methods/techniques/strategies I would be interested to hear...
I based my system off of Project Life Mastery. This is the video that inspired me, it's a long one.

Basically, I write out my vision, purpose, and goals based on what Stefan James says are the seven areas of life:
  • Physical Body
  • Mind + Emotions
  • Relationships
  • Career / Business
  • Finances
  • Social: Family, Friends, and Fun
  • Spiritual
The seven categories promote a well-balanced life and making sure that there are areas that aren't being neglected.

The goals that I set are 1-year, 3-month, and 1-month goals. Instead of writing and reviewing goals daily, at night I write out my schedule for the next day. I set out blocks of time for working toward my goals. I don't work toward all seven categories every day, but instead, pick a couple to work on at a time.

I really like what you said here:

But I have learnt not to let your Goals list become a dogmatic tyrant but to use it to craft a path
It used to be harmful to me when a goal wasn't reached; I would become very discouraged. That changed, however, when I learned to change my mindset on goals and success. Success did not come for reaching the goal, but success is simply growth. That's why the goals are there in the first place - to grow in an area of my life. Even if I don't reach a goal that I originally set, I can rest easy by focusing on the progress that was made in the process of striving for that goal.

I based my system off of Project Life Mastery. This is the video that inspired me, it's a long one.

Basically, I write out my vision, purpose, and goals based on what Stefan James says are the seven areas of life:
  • Physical Body
  • Mind + Emotions
  • Relationships
  • Career / Business
  • Finances
  • Social: Family, Friends, and Fun
  • Spiritual
The seven categories promote a well-balanced life and making sure that there are areas that aren't being neglected.

The goals that I set are 1-year, 3-month, and 1-month goals. Instead of writing and reviewing goals daily, at night I write out my schedule for the next day. I set out blocks of time for working toward my goals. I don't work toward all seven categories every day, but instead, pick a couple to work on at a time.

I really like what you said here:

It used to be harmful to me when a goal wasn't reached; I would become very discouraged. That changed, however, when I learned to change my mindset on goals and success. Success did not come for reaching the goal, but success is simply growth. That's why the goals are there in the first place - to grow in an area of my life. Even if I don't reach a goal that I originally set, I can rest easy by focusing on the progress that was made in the process of striving for that goal.
Nice, love Project life mastery, great channel! Thanks not seen this one!