The 1st thing parents need to learn...

When I mentor parents and they ask me how to handle their children, the first thing I ask them to do is look up the meaning of "Parenting".

So if you are a parent. Please look up the definition of Parenting. This will be a great start to being and becoming a good parent.

It doesn't matter what dictionary you use. No where in any of them does it say "Control", so why do parents want to control their children???

Control has nothing to do with Parenting!

You have to first understand this so you know what to and what not to do with your kids.

From my book, this is what I wrote...

"In my opinion Parenting is about understanding and protecting our children's innocence and fragility, and to also help them build their character, strengths and abilities. As parents our job is to feed their curiosity, enhance their confidence, ignite their passion, encourage their persistence, expand their imagination, increase their commitment, broaden their creativity, defend their fearlessness, maintain their enthusiasm and positivity, and nurture all the greatness they already posses within
themselves."

"These are all inherent in every children. These aren't taught, they are qualities we are all born with. Let us not rob them of their natural given greatness as we have been robbed of ours. As parents, let us do our best to ensure these qualities remain in tact. These are the "LifeTools" they need to survive, thrive and succeed."

DreamLifeRules

Coaching Member
- Good post, I absolutely agree with you!

I think parent is responsible for teaching a child to explore things, to be curious, to finding his/her own answers. Child shouldn´t strictly follow orders, unless this orders are justified. It´s working only while they are in school, but the second they are out of school, this behavior, their parents taught them, is really bad for them.

- Good post, I absolutely agree with you!

I think parent is responsible for teaching a child to explore things, to be curious, to finding his/her own answers. Child shouldn´t strictly follow orders, unless this orders are justified. It´s working only while they are in school, but the second they are out of school, this behavior, their parents taught them, is really bad for them.
Thank you DreamLifeRules!!! And I totally agree with all you said.