Success and Obstacles

AmazingP

Advisor Member

Success will only be possible if we work for our personal and career goals. There is no question that a good achiever is a hard worker. We must have the patience and confidence needed consistently. In anything we do in life there would always be obstacle and it can even be called as the twin to happiness.

We have obstacles forming as the negative side in every step we take. We can kick it tough and command it to get off the road of our way. Keep working at the good side. And even if you travel in a long road with many obstacles, still you can achieve your goal, if you know how to make those as not threats to you. In other words, we can work with obstacles and make those as our stepping stones to success. :D

Cecil Estrera

Obstacles make success sweeter. And if we haven't experienced failure yet, then we are still an incomplete person. I am just thankful that I have my kids to motivate me to work harder. I may not be successful yet, but at least I am slowly trying to get there. :)

zararina

Coaching Member
Obstacles or hardships makes us stronger and yes it could make our success sweeter. As it is being said that it is not just about success, but how we manage to be successful. It is not just the destination, but the journey along the way.

Life is never without obstacles. When we overcome obstacles, we can gain more confidence. I find that I "grow" as a person when I am able to overcome something. It is not easy to be successful and there are always going to be struggles along the way.

Rea

You can obliterate these obstacles not by taking it for granted or ignoring it, but by anticipating and planning for them. A good example of how to strategically plan for challenges is about an experiment done on a group of people who wanted to become regular exercisers. I’ve written about it in this forum: http://www.personal-development.com/community/threads/the-plan.799/

I find the “if-then” plan as an exceptional way to deal with these challenges that we face almost every day. More than that, this type of planning does not require an individual to exert a great amount of willpower to follow through. ;)

AmazingP

Advisor Member
Obstacles make success sweeter. And if we haven't experienced failure yet, then we are still an incomplete person. I am just thankful that I have my kids to motivate me to work harder. I may not be successful yet, but at least I am slowly trying to get there. :)
Yes, you are right, Cecil. I think it would be hard to find a successful person who never have her/his own share of struggles to overcome many obstacles and challenges. Success can sometimes be less valuable and less sweeter if it is just handed to us on a silver platter. It is just like climbing a mountain where we might encounter many difficulties on the way up but once we get there the experience is so refreshing and rejuvenating that we usually forget the difficulties we have gone through...:D

A

artistry

Facing whatever obstacles confront you, is the best thing you can do. Overcoming those obstacles will get you closer to your goal. The fact that you get over or through them will make you a person who knows what strength they have and realize that you are able to move forward, whatever might stand in your way. It is an empowering quality to possess.

carlvennt

Success is always filled up with obstacles,It is generally a test to measure the patience level of an indivisual and success is even more sweeter when it is achieved overcoming all the obstacles.We just have to be patient enough to overcome all the hurdles of life.

Last edited by a moderator: