Still looking for a good career

Jay

Hi guys, my career is my biggest concern/challenge when it Comes to selfimprovement so far and it also influences my other Areas a Little bit (finances and relationship).

After I finished School, I made a Bachelor in Physiotherapie/Health Management. I was always interested in health and sports and after a shoulder injury I decided to get a Physiotherapist.

During and after my Bachelor, I already knew that I didnt want to work in that field for my whole life. In Germany where I live, it very bad paid and most of the time u dont have enough time for the Patient.

After not knowing what to do, I started a apprentice at a health insurance Company where I still work, I know do something totally different (key accouting etc...). The Money I earn is way more (still not a lot) and the work itself is okay but ist not something I really want see my purpose in.

I can see myself working as a health Manager. I also applied but without success. It is unclear if a master or more education would help me or I that I just Need some experience which I cant get without a Job in that field.

I Need some tipps how to find my dreamjob ánd how to get it. It is confusing and frustrating if u dont know what to do or even what u want.

Thanks.

Hi Jay, nice to meet you.

I want to help you by using the FEEL4 improvement formula. To explain a little more, the FEEL4 formula is made up of four steps. These steps lead you to improve your situation and achieve what you are focusing on.

From what you have written, your first step is to focus on the following:

Step 1 - FOCUS: You are focusing on finding a job that makes you feel fulfilled and you want to do this as soon as is practically possible.

The second step of the formula is when you need to list out the things that are motivating (Energizing) you to want to achieve your focus (as shown above). Below is an example list (but you will have your own).

Step 2 - ENERGIZE: You feel energized to want to take action and achieve your goal because you want to enjoy and look forward to the job you do. You want to also earn a nice amount of money to live a comfortable life. You also want to feel fulfilled.

The third step is when you list out what action/s you have to engage with to achieve your focus. I have listed some actions but you will need to amend this list to actions which suit your personal situation.

Step 3 - ENGAGE: You need to engage with these actions:

1. Search Google constantly (people add new information every second) for opportunities to work as a Health Manager.

2. Get the contact details of all Health Managers off websites like LinkedIn and contact them explaining your situation (if you do not get a response ask a someone who is good at writing to check the message you sent and see if they can improve it).

3. Find local places of work which have Health Managers and ask their HR Recruitment team for advice, tell them your wish to be a Health Manager. Try contacting the Health Managers too for their advice in how they got the role.

4. Social Network as much as possible asking people if they can offer their advice and or help you get a role as Health Manager. Place this in your profile information ("Looking for Health Manager Role").

5. Find both local and online recruitment agencies which deal with Health Manager recruitment, explain your story and add your contact details to their database so they can contact you if something comes in. Don't forget the obvious and ask for their advice.

6. Think outside of the box - be innovative - it may be that hospitals and care homes are not the only places where Health Managers work, perhaps pharmaceutical companies or private hospitals may offer you a similar role.

7. Word of Mouth - Speak to everyone you meet and ask if they can think of any ways you can get a Health Manager role.

8. Ask education organisations for their advice, ask if it will help you to get a career if you do further study, ask how much it costs and if you can get a bursary or the likes.

Step four is when you take what you learn as you go along and use it to improve your future actions if you decide to undertake any more actions. For example:

Step 4 - LEARN: You might learn that you cannot commute too far away from home in which case you can only contact local employers. You may learn that the salary is too low and that a job as a Health Project Manager is something you would rather do.

Final advice...

In all of the above actions always ask those you contact for their feedback. It may be that the reason you are getting turned down is because your CV/Resume is not good enough. Feedback will help you improve your chances.

And finally, the BIG piece of advice. Do not expect a career as a Health Manager to make you happy. Happiness does not come from objects and roles it comes from your mind and your personal perspective on each moment you experience. For example, you may get a Health Manager's job and two years into it you could get fed up again and want another job. The reality with most people is that jobs are only a way to make money and outside your job is when you should invest that money into doing the things you love. Let things unravel naturally. It maybe that your hobby of making plant pots (for example) leads you to setting up a plant pot business.

Note, you can apply the same FEEL4 logic to anything and you can use the four steps in a cyclical way. In other words once you have worked through all four of the FEEL4 steps (a Path), you can repeat them to take another path and another and another... and so on until you find and achieve your goal.

Furthermore, if at the end of your actions you realise you do not want to be a Health Manager then change your focus to being a Hairdresser and list out what energizes you and what actions you have to engage with again to make that new focus happen.

Hope this helps.

denydritz

Coaching Member
Hi Jay, I think you should first get clear about what would it take for you to be accepted as a Health Manager. You say that it's unclear if a Master's degree can help you get that role, or if you need experience in that field.

Being not clear can make us feel frustrated because something is in our way but we don't know what. Start with what you know, and ask the right people (like FEEL4 mentions above). As you find the answers, you can also find if being a Health Manager is what you truly want or not.

It seems to me the main issue is that you want to combine what you love with what makes money (a good amount of money). What do you love about health and sports? Why do you love it? When we can know why we love what we love, we can find various ways to apply that passion into other fields, and maybe get more fulfillment in our current occupation.

Cheers!

Jay

@FEEL4

thank you so much for my advice. I am doing a lot of this stuff but you gave me some great tips I haven't considered yet.

Thank you also to remind me that a Job wont make me feel happy. I am very happy in gerenerel and even with my current Job, but this reminds me to also follow my Hobbys like vegan Nutrition where I want to make a course in and maybe consult People as a "side-hustle"

I was also check out your Website and Keep you updated on my sucess. I already found two more Jobs in Munich which is my favorite City here in Germany.

And yes it helped :)

Jay

@denydritz

Hi denydritz, thank you for your advice. It is a great idea to ask People what they are looking for, I did this a Little before but the results were frustraiting and unclear, but I shouldnt give up.

The last part is also very important, it is hard to tell why I love it and I really had some nice talks with some friends (great guys and entrepeneurs or very successful in their Jobs) that I am not sure what I want to do.

Do you know a good book or technique to find your Passion or what you want in life? I guess it is pretty hard and most People dont find and look for it.

Cheers to you too!

DreamLifeRules

Coaching Member
Hey @Jay

I think that you should try this exercise.
It´s about how you introduce yourself, but without your job or anything else.
For example your introduction would be: Hi, I am Jay, I live in Germany and I work in Health Insurance Company (name).
But, instead that, you will use your hobbies, and you mention what you truly like.
For example: Hi, I am Jay, I live in Germany and I like exercising, health lifestyle and vegan nutrition...
This should helps you what direction you should go in your career, because this will show you, what you truly like, and who you truly want to become.

Also, when money is problem, with internet, you could still work in Health insurance company and start something part- time. For example giving advice for vegan nutrition you´re interested.
In this case, you will be satisfied. You will do also what you are really passionate about and you could earn money from your passion too. Which can lead to transfer your Part- time job, to full time job.

I hope it helps.

@denydritz

Hi denydritz, thank you for your advice. It is a great idea to ask People what they are looking for, I did this a Little before but the results were frustraiting and unclear, but I shouldnt give up.

The last part is also very important, it is hard to tell why I love it and I really had some nice talks with some friends (great guys and entrepeneurs or very successful in their Jobs) that I am not sure what I want to do.

Do you know a good book or technique to find your Passion or what you want in life? I guess it is pretty hard and most People dont find and look for it.

Cheers to you too!
Hi glad my post helped. I wrote a FEEL4 path you can follow based on "levelling up" - in other words on finding your passion. It is based on Tony Robbins advice.

Here's the link: https://www.feel4.com/tony-robbins-helps-you-level-up/

denydritz

Coaching Member
@denydritz

I know just the book! :giggle:

Look for "Start With Why" by Simon Sinek in your nearest bookstore. He also has a very famous TEDx Talk that gives a brief explanation of what you can find in the book (it's on YouTube). The video is a great introduction, but the book can really help you understand what is passion. He also has a sequel book "Find Your Why" but I haven't read it yet.

His book really helped me to know my passion is. It turns out that most people whom I meet (and from reading this forum) misunderstand what 'passion' is. Once I found my passion, it opened up my eyes to see how I can apply it to everything in my life. I don't have to change anything to express my passion, I can do it precisely where I am now (school, career, relationships, etc.)

Hopefully the book can be useful for you too. Cheers!

Jay

Hey denydritz,

thanks again for your answer. I will look at the TED Talk after my vacation :)
I like the saying that u can express your Passion anywhere thats great.
Hope very soon my career will Change!

Mick IOM

Coaching Member
I recommend the book "Find your way" as this is the practical book to find your own why. The book "start with why" builds upon the Ted talk that Simon Sinek gave and goes deeper into this idea, but you won't be able to explore your own why through this book.

I've formulated a pretty good why when I followed the "find your why" book and definitely recommend it.

All the best,
Mick

Hi guys, my career is my biggest concern/challenge when it Comes to selfimprovement so far and it also influences my other Areas a Little bit (finances and relationship).

After I finished School, I made a Bachelor in Physiotherapie/Health Management. I was always interested in health and sports and after a shoulder injury I decided to get a Physiotherapist.

During and after my Bachelor, I already knew that I didnt want to work in that field for my whole life. In Germany where I live, it very bad paid and most of the time u dont have enough time for the Patient.

After not knowing what to do, I started a apprentice at a health insurance Company where I still work, I know do something totally different (key accouting etc...). The Money I earn is way more (still not a lot) and the work itself is okay but ist not something I really want see my purpose in.

I can see myself working as a health Manager. I also applied but without success. It is unclear if a master or more education would help me or I that I just Need some experience which I cant get without a Job in that field.

I Need some tipps how to find my dreamjob ánd how to get it. It is confusing and frustrating if u dont know what to do or even what u want.

Thanks.
Hi Jay- Have you thought about creating and building an online business in your niche. Part-time of course until the income you ear from your site is more than you are earning now. I did this and I am so happy I am my own boss these days earning a great income from helping people online- Just a thought - A lot of people are turning to this as a way to reach time and money freedom

@FEEL4

thank you so much for my advice. I am doing a lot of this stuff but you gave me some great tips I haven't considered yet.

Thank you also to remind me that a Job wont make me feel happy. I am very happy in gerenerel and even with my current Job, but this reminds me to also follow my Hobbys like vegan Nutrition where I want to make a course in and maybe consult People as a "side-hustle"

I was also check out your Website and Keep you updated on my sucess. I already found two more Jobs in Munich which is my favorite City here in Germany.

And yes it helped :)
Hi Jay- i just read this and I may be able to help you- am i allowed to put my email on here?

Jay

I recommend the book "Find your way" as this is the practical book to find your own why. The book "start with why" builds upon the Ted talk that Simon Sinek gave and goes deeper into this idea, but you won't be able to explore your own why through this book.

I've formulated a pretty good why when I followed the "find your why" book and definitely recommend it.

All the best,
Mick
Hi Mick, whats the authors Name?

Thanks.
HI JAY
after going to school now for 20 years( 4 years bachelors in business 10 years training as a doctor)
I realized now that I am only a well trained slave. Schools and teachers didn't train me to be successful
but only to be a sheep. I've wasted my time and money. I should have just saved my money and
teach myself more important life skills schools don't teach.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jay,
If you have a dream of what you want you're already on the right path. Your just at the start of that path. Sometimes you can go straight down the path or sometimes you need to veer around a few bends in order to get there. For example, I had a dream of wanting to work at a record label. I applied for the record label and got told I didn't have enough experience. In what? I asked. In customer service and the industry they said. So i took another veer and applied at a music shop to gain the knowledge, again I got knocked back for not having enough customer service experience. I took another veer and decided to work at a fast food shop just to get some customer service experience. I didn't want to work there at all but I knew it was part of my long-term goal so I stuck it out. After a while, I applied for another music store and got the job. While I was there I found ways to interact with the record label reps that would come into the store. became the music buyer for the store and started building meaningful connections. After a while there a job came up at a record label and as I had already established myself as both interested, now with the necessary knowledge and keen to work there I was chosen.
My main point is that sometimes the road is unclear, but that's ok, it doesn't mean its unattainable its just means you need to choose a different route in order to get there.
I hope this helps in some small way.
ads
https://theownyourself.com for personal development tips