Staying Focused and Motivated When Self Employed

HereToServe

Artemis,

First of all its great that you are asking for advice! Learning to listen to people around you is something a great leader does!
There are many ways to find motivation, but what motivates others might not motivate you... Here are a couple things you can do:

1. Read new books. ( I believe that people constantly have to feed their minds if they want to stay on track and be motivated.)
2. Set new goals. (Sometimes setting new goals can change your wanting to do something drastically. Find something new to work towards for.)
3. Work out. (I know this might sound crazy, but working out is a great way to gain motivation! When you work out, you start to force your body and mind to wake up. When you work out, your heart pumps blood faster, this improves the circulation of blood in your body, and that leads to a clear mind. Try it and you will notice that new ideas come to you head. So will motivation!
4. Start priming. (Priming is one thing that motivates me alot!!! If you haven't heard of it, try priming. There's a great video on youtube: Tony Robbins morning ritual, try it! I am sure it will help!)

If you have any questions, feel free to message me! Have a great day!

http://abundantlifestyles.launchpad.inboxblueprint.net/

secretsanta

have you thought of working in a co-working space? I found that with other people working around you it's way easier to stay motivated.

denydritz

Coaching Member
This thread is several years old, but I want to share my experience about maintaining motivation as a self-employed person. I start with identifying what my passion is, WHY I do what I do.

Once I know WHY I do what I do, I focus on satisfying that reason. For example, my passion is getting the most results by doing the least amount of work, and my strength is analysis to figure out the important tasks. I am good with planning and building systems, and I do them without having to motivate myself.

When it comes to the actual work, I can choose to delegate or hire another person to do it. When my cash flow isn't enough to hire or outsource, I can do the work myself as long as I figure out the path of least effort.

I find that when we don't get to express our passion in our activities, then we require superficial motivation to keep us going. But when we can express our passion continuously, then motivation becomes superfluous.

Cheers!

EReacher

Once I know WHY I do what I do, I focus on satisfying that reason. For example, my passion is getting the most results by doing the least amount of work, and my strength is analysis to figure out the important tasks. I am good with planning and building systems, and I do them without having to motivate myself.
The circumstances that pushed me to start my own business keep me motivated.

If that doesn't work for you than I don't know what will? Maybe some good music or something but I doubt it.

Also automating everyday tasks have allowed me to really focus on what I need to and freed up more time to expand business further. Hence motivating me to continue the growth.

For example:

Initially, I had a big issue with invoicing. Now I use Paypal, Invoice Simple and Quickbooks (Quickbooks usually for taxes but you can use excel as well).

For employee scheduling / tasks management (Well freelancers mostly), I use Asana and Toggl (Great for personal time management as well). I heard Celayix is good but you need like 10 or 20 employees at least. Trello is big too but I prefer Asana. Simple and to the point. Can't forget Google Docs as well. Great for everything.

That's it.

Last edited: