How positive are you?

• Always positive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kinda positive

• negativity has taken over me

• Total voters
I really think that staying positive in life is the only way to success, becuase when you are negative most of the times you think it's going to fail and you don't take action and wait for a better idea or a better opportunity that usually never comes. So I adopted the mindset of "everything will work" and before adopting it I wanted to upload my first video but never recorded it because it wasn't the time, or I didn't have a good topic and kept wasting time.
Then I decided I had to change and recorded my first video and uploaded it to youtube, and it did farely well and I'll keep uploading!
So what are you waiting for? Get out there and start working and creating!
Hope you are having a wonderful day, thanks for taking time to read this post this was my story, I really hope you reply with your story too so that we can make something positive for the people that join this forum!

Great points. I've always found that just "trying" to be positive isn't effective. It sometimes helps to acknowledge the negative for a few seconds and ask yourself: "is this going to matter in 5 years?". if the answer is no, release it.

I think that being positive is overrated. Negative emotions are great at making you want to get up and do things. They are the villains in the stories of our lives. Every single person who does self development does it because they would be inflicted by some kind of pain otherwise. Wither that is the shame from having failed at yet another business endeavor or being rejected by the women that he has wanted since his "third leg" first saw her.

People need negative emotions because otherwise they would settle for mediocrity. They would settle for a beta version of themselves instead of the Indiana Jones version of themselves.

People demonize negative emotions and I think that is wrong. By cutting off a form of experience you are denying a piece of yourself.. Pain isn't enjoyable but it makes life colorful.

DreamLifeRules

Coaching Member
Hello, I´ve been reading recently a book Rethinking Positive Thinking (from Gabriele Oettingen is a Professor of Psychology at New York University and the University of Hamburg).

There is guidance how to reach any goal you want. And truth is, always positive thinking isn´t make it, sometimes, you need to think negative, in order to define obstacles you may face in your path towards your goal.

When you defined them, you can prepare for them, and when you are prepared for that obstacle, it can´t discourage you from pursuing your dream.

Once you defined your possible obstacles, then think only positively, and you will feel better, and you will be getting closer to your goal.
Just make time to define what may go wrong, and prepare for it.

It´s the same as preparikng for rainy day:

• You can only think positively that rain won´t come,
  • or you can take an umbrella, because you know that rain may come today.
I recommend this book, you will get 4 step method to reaching any goal you want. It´s called Woop method (Wish, Outcome, Obstacle, Plan)

I hope it was helpful, please let me know what do you think about this strategy of reaching goals and thinking?