Starting Out Walking....

BarelyHangingOn

This fall I going to dedicate myself to dropping a few pounds and getting into better shape. I am going to start with walking every day.

How much should I be walking to make a difference? I realize the key to losing weight is more calories out then going in. I am just not sure how much gets burned while walking.

Is there a helpful chart or something online that would give some information?

Walking can be a helpful start to losing weight and getting into shape. The amount of walking needed will depend on your current weight, the terrain you will be walking and the speed. I also think that they say everyone should take at least 10,000 steps per day. Do you have a pedometer?

sute

Walking is a great way to stay healthy seeing as you don't even have to think about it while you're doing it. Just find somewhere interesting that you have not been to before and go explore it. Before you know it you've been walking for a couple of hours and you're ready to go relax at home. Or just try to walk instead of getting the bus/driving whenever you can. Also, you could try cycling. I cycle everywhere it's really fun.

A

artistry

Walking is a good thing. As someone said, it would be a good thing to have a pedometer. Start slow and increase your mileage. Don't burn yourself out.

bneil

You can come up with some diet programs available online, Google is your friend here ;)

zararina

Coaching Member
It was right that less calories intake and more calories burn will lead to weight loss.
I think there are some calorie counter sites on the web as well as some health related forums where you can ask suggestions for workout routines.
Walking daily is a great way to keep ourselves healthy together with a well balanced diet. ;)

bneil

It was right that less calories intake and more calories burn will lead to weight loss.
I think there are some calorie counter sites on the web as well as some health related forums where you can ask suggestions for workout routines.
Walking daily is a great way to keep ourselves healthy together with a well balanced diet. ;)
When buying some stuff on the convenience store usually there are calorie counts at the back of each pack, or can, or whatever it is packed with. If everyone gets a habit of having a daily walk i'm sure most people will go healthy.

carlvennt

Walking is a good way to reduce weight and stay healthy and it is a very good form of exercise.Regular exercise helps the body to be fit and in proper shape.You can walk according to you capacity.Along with walking you should also maintain a proper balanced diet in order to be healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dorothy

I'm trying to do the same and I was told to walk at least 30 mins a day to start out and slowly increase the time you walk, and to drink plenty of water.

Agley

Well,Walk is the best source of the fitness and health.It is the best way for the weight
loss of the body.Walking just in 30 minutes a person can easily burn 300 calories.So
we should be must go for walk...Walk keep us fresh and active.