Spirituality for Atheists

Simant

When man cannot find God directly he looks for spirituality in a roundabout manner. He is always in search of peace, joy, friendship and unity. Even self styled atheists find ways to devote themselves. Religion for atheists is devotion to country, devotion to humanity through social service, devotion to art, poetry, music, dance, etc. We often come across phrases like God is Love; Body temple, Work is worship, etc.

Attachments

Alex@TheMindsetX

Very thoughtful post...

Spirituality is indeed the essence of what and who we are as individuals, as co-creators in the matrix of our existence.

God is indeed the beginning and the end, yet endless in the span of eternity. Yes, peace and sincere devotion are good ideals to aspire for and indeed, God is love; love itself being the most indestructible and most creative force in existence.

When you have love, you have it all and that makes you all the more successful for that is what we are truly hear for; to love each other just as God loves us!

Alex,
Co-founder, TheMindsetX Group

Daniel888

I liked the tone of this post, I felt an honest resonance with it,

I cant help but feel that there are so many paths to the same destination that something at some point will occur which will help humanity come to a very similar conclusion when it comes to spirituality. We will all "just know" and it will be all good. I don't know why I feel like this, I suppose I'm just ok at sustaining internal clarity and that is what my instincts are telling me. I do work on my spiritual perspective however I don't really put an emphasis on religious practice, living in a modern world, I think makes religions more or less impossible to follow fully without complete devotion. My point is, that I feel that although I live a busy lifestyle in a modern western country, I am spiritually very content and feel like i am constantly growing and that is why I can relate to this post and am grateful for its reflection.

Helena

I like this post very much. During my life I met several people who did not believe in God but were very advanced, selfless people, helping others all the time with great love. And this is the most important thing. Devotion to God is great but must be connected with love to humanity . If it is not, all the devotion turns into simply observing religious rituals, but the soul is missing.