Smile A Lot

AmazingP

Advisor Member
Some experts are saying that an act of smile can be viral and takes less muscles to do than a frown does. Yes, who would not want to meet somebody who is always cheerful and smiling?

Why do you think a smile can be an infectious?

Cecil Estrera

Yeah it really can be infectious. Try smiling to anyone, and expect that he/she would smile back at you.
Personally, I do smile all the time. Even if I'm mad. For I believe it helps me look younger and it has a good effect inside my body ;)

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
So true, it's not only infectious but it gets reflected back at you. I've noticed when I'm in a good mood then more people are talking to me and smiling to me, so it's clearly the signals I'm giving out through smiling or body language. I think it's really easy for us to think everyone else is being unfriendly when maybe we have something to do with it. I tend to be a no nonsense serious type of person so I have to remind myself to smile sometimes.

radascars

Advisor Member

This is the number one rule in our area in the hospital, be positive as possible and smile as long as you can.
Many of our patients find it positive that's why smiling is the best way to give other people the reason to smile too and give them a "cheer up" attitude in the long run. :)

beingwell

This is true. Try smiling for 2 minutes while your eyes are closed. Even your mind will give you images of something to smile about that you would be smiling even more. It's a good exercise to attract positive vibes.:)

zararina

Coaching Member
Yes i believe in the power of smile. :p
Smile is the physical proof that a person is happy or in good mood. This attracts positive energy that could be felt by others too. Just like in a funny and lively conversations, if not all, a lot are having fun. :D

speedy

Advisor Member
It is hard to be with someone who is always frowning. I like to be with friend who has a sense of humor. Smile is very powerful. Right, it is infectious and you are radiating every time you smile. That's why I believed that laughter is the best medicine. I read somewhere, that we look younger when we smile.

diamondlisa

I am always smiling as well. Even when I'm mad, it may be a different kind of not so friendly smile, but it's a smile. I love making others smile as well. Any time I see someone looking troubled or sad I smile and say hello. Trust me they will smile back even if it is a forced smile. I truly believe that often a smile is all a person needs to brighten their day.

songbird

It is amazing how fast a bad mood can change to a good mood by doing one simple thing and that is smiling. I think that more people need to smile and say hello to each other when they are walking down the street and the world would be a better place.

DeeNeely

I would much rather a person be honest than hide behind a smile. If you are having a bad time and you insist on smiling then your just lying to yourself and others. It isn't the smile that makes things better. Its the work that goes with the smile that does.

A

artistry

...Smiles relax people, make people want to be friendly, because they perceive that the smiling person is friendly. Smiling is also a healthy thing to do, it pulls out the positive vibes inside. Laughter is that way as well. Smiling is good medicine.