Sleep Hypnosis - too good to be true?

Erik913

Advisor Member
As I gently lay on the bed and start listening to the soothing voice of the hypnotherapist in the sleep hypnosis of my choice, my eyelids get heavier and as he commands me to relax, my muscles gratefully release the tension built up throughout the day and soon, I’m on a completely different place. Following a path made of stones, I walk down the mountain to the nearest village in the shine of moonlight. There, I stop at a small, cozy wooden house and sit right next to the warm, cozy fireplace in the biggest room. Suddenly, I find myself looking at a balloon tied to a wooden fence outside of the window and following the suggestions, I decide to check it out. One by one, I untie the four ropes holding the balloon to the ground and watch it fly high over my head, getting higher and higher…

Continue to see the rest of the article here.

dennmart

Advisor Member
I spend ten minutes meditating every night. Often they're unguided meditations, but sometimes I use a tool like Insight Timer and get a guided meditation to help me fall asleep. It sounds like it's something similar and has the same purpose of clearing your mind and putting your body in an ideal state to fall asleep. I highly recommend a few minutes of meditation before bed if anyone's having trouble sleeping.

Sarah Carlson

Advisor Member
I've done pre-sleep hypnosis before.

I find it makes it easier for me to sleep, I am often in a positive frame of mind when I drift off and best of all I spring out of bed the next day full of energy. (Which is great because I'm not the earliest riser)

It all depends on what you want to achieve, I tell myself I will focus on one main goal (like paperwork or exercise) and complete it, so when I wake up my concentration is great.
I make it clear to myself what I want to accomplish, then I do it! Simple but effective in the end.