Site upgrade

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
The site has been upgraded to a new version, so you'll notice some changes and may need to login again. Unfortunately the navigation will be a little different than before and nothing I can do about it, but hopefully is a smoother experience rather than worse. Logging in from social networks and new user confirmation links should also work better now.

Last edited:

Elhama

Coaching Member
Hi MoreSuccess. Congratulations on upgrading the site to a new version. In fact, since a while, I was wondering about a suggestion I wanted to tell you about as the administrator of the site. I was thinking that, since this site is about personal development, and some persons on it from time to time ask for help about issues in their lives related to self-development, it would be very helpful to include a service allowing voice conversations.

I do not know if there is a possibility to do that suggestion or not, but I hope you think about it because I believe a major number of persons who hang out on social media are persons who are in need of help related to self-development, but I do not think they find there such kind of help. Giving such a service in this site, in my opinion, would make it be even more useful than it is now. That service of voice conversations also, would give persons who are interested in personal development bigger chance to share their ideas and to connect with each other. Of course, in case you like that suggestion, you can put good rules to organize and manage that service in order to keep it on track for achieving its goals.

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
Thanks Elhama. Due to server limitations, it wouldn't be viable to run voice through the server itself, however third party systems can be used to setup groups. I tried a Skype group awhile back (it's still out there) but it got overrun with spammers. Discord is a popular option, if anyone wants to play around with it, I setup a a group at https://discord.gg/7g5r4a6. It can handle both text and voice. It can be run from the web or a full client install.

Elhama

Coaching Member
Moresuccess, you welcome. Thank you so much for your fast reply about my suggestion. It shows how much you care about your site and its members. I really appreciate it.

Elhama

Coaching Member
Hi again "MoreSuccess". I read the privacy policy of Discord and honestly, I felt like it was saying we, the service owners, have all the rights but you user have almost no rights except telling you that we have all the rights. I honestly, felt it is not fair as it broadly invades the privacy of the user. After reading it, I felt a person should have a lawyer if they intend to use that service (I am just kidding about the lawyer thing). So, what do you think about its privacy policy?

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
Interesting question. Since I use so many different websites and services, I pretty much just assume no privacy of anything I provide. Even if they assure privacy, it can get hacked or they don't have full disclosure as with Facebook in the news lately. I have no intent of using Discord for anything I want to keep private so I I'm not going to worry about the legal blah blah blah all these sites come up with. When I don't want to trust a site with my primary email address, I use an alternate one. I think the key is to choose carefully when you DO want to keep something private, e.g. using something that is encrypting the data in manner where it can't be intercepted or decrypted by the site or company, e.g. private encryption key under your control. For example, on a phone, Whatsapp or Signal to send a secure message. Sadly it's very difficult to keep anything private anymore, even for someone very knowledgeable, and even then you never know for sure.