Should i text my ex happy birthday

Jael

We just broke up last week his birthday is on Tuesday. Last we spoke was on Friday wasnt a very good conversation there was a lot of bk and forth things kinda ended with both of us upset we were together for about 8 months I'm really hurt because I noticed he blocked me in all social media. I ended the relationship with him because of a lack of communication on his part. I kind of just want to send a happy birthday text. But I dont know if I should part of me wants him to see the good person that I am and hope he feels bad about what he did.

denydritz

Coaching Member
The fact that you have to ask whether to text him or not means the relationship is not over for you, or it still have an effect on you.

If you text him in this condition, it could trigger further "bad" things happening in the relationship. I would only text him if you are completely free from the relationship, so the message is truly "just" a happy birthday and nothing else.

Another option is to cut of all communications completely for a period of time. This is known as a "reset" in relationships; a period to give yourself time to change before interacting with him again, or closing the relationship completely and moving on without any weight, regret, or unfinished emotions.