Setting Goals

Samuel Rosario

Coaching Member
You can write your detailed plans if you want, however, the most important thing about setting goals is to have them in writing. There's a connection between your hands and your brain, which means that when you do something with your hands you mind will take it as serious and will move you and push to get it!!!!

Always have them in writing, all that you wanna get!!

Cynthia

Senior Advisor
My experience has been that writing goals matters, and keeping it simple helps.

Then do what you need to do -- whatever detailed plans you might make do need to be changed as they bump into the reality of what works for you day by day as you approach that goal.

Nas

Hey thanks for this article ;-)
In my opinion it's very important to get a detail plan of the actions: that's allow to be clear on your way.
Where it's very interesting it's during in the umpredictable situation and the question is: how to welcome it? Like an obstacle or an opportunity?
And you can see that you plan is not fixed, it can be changed at any moments ;-)

Quest

Yes, definitely... Didn't think it was important till a couple weeks ago. I have made more progress in my life and thinking in the past 2 weeks than I have in the last 2 years. Check out "The Miracle Morning" book. This was the catalyst that got me started on it. Been journaling everyday also... :)

Kezzielee

I do this. the plan is super important to me, after all if you dont know where youre going how on earth are you going to get there? there is this saying that i love "A goal without a plan is just a wish" and breaking it down further into small steps helps you realise that it can be done.

Hi all, new to this forum and very interesting to read everyone's view and opinions! Thought I'd chime in with my 2 cents worth....

In my experience it depends a lot on your personality type. I agree 100% with those who say you MUST write your goal(s) down. This is really important. I also have seen much better results when I have written my goals out every day for a period of time (say 1 month). There is evidence that this really magnetises you to the goal.

Detailed plans can be very useful if you are the kind of person who needs to see exactly 'how' you will achieve something. For others, detailed planning removes a bit of the subconscious creativity.....it may also make you set 'realistic' goals rather than reach for the stars.

What I think is really valuable is having a vision, which is broken down into long-term goals, which are then in turn broken down to shorter term goals. It provides a roadmap to the future you want to create.

I've written a couple of articles on the subject of vision and goals for anyone interested:
http://freedomiseverything.com/2016/04/30/a-quest-for-freedom-step-1-building-your-life-vision/
http://freedomiseverything.com/2016/05/03/a-quest-for-freedom-step-2-how-to-start-setting-your-goals/

Sorry for the long post - hopefully it helps!

Andy