Self-worth. What is your opinion?

What according to you decides your sense of self-worth?

• The job I do

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I know what I am capable of and I do things accordingly

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • By being compassionate

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • My role in my family/society

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I believe I am the center of the world. Everything happens as I wish.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Hey, I chose number 2, because it´s the closest, in my opinion, what self- worth is.
I think that first part of this sentence is okay, but second part for me is how I act.
Because i think, you have to know what you are capable of, but that´s not enough, if you don´t act accordingly.
So my answer to your question would be:
I know what I am capable of and I act in accordance with that.

To me, it's a combination of multiple. It's important to know what you're cable of (probably much more than you think) and then take action upon that, as without action there is no movement and without movement, you're likely to feel bad about yourself, which then ruins self-worth.

It's also about being compassionate as your outer action and reactions reflect the way you see yourself. Therefore, if you've got any worthiness, I feel like it's a natural reaction to share this with the world (although this sometimes requires courage).

And finally contribution. Without contributing to the world I feel like a banana peel without the banana. I gain a lot of self-worth knowing that I'm contributing to the world in a bigger way and making it a better place.

Best regards,
Mick