Self Sabotaging

F

felicity

Hi friends,

How To Stop Self Sabotaging in relationship?

Thanks
felicity

Jeffrey Baumgartner

I believe there are two things you need to do to avoid self-sabotaging a relationship. Firstly, explain to your partner what's going on in your head so that he can be more understanding of self-sabotaging actions on your part.

Secondly, it is probably your inner voice telling you negative things about yourself that leads you to self-sabotage. There are a number of strategies you can use to talk back to your inner voice. Use your favourite search engine to learn more about them.

Thoughtism

Advisor Member
Hi Felicity,

Thanks for reaching out. We would like to know more. Can you describe how and when you are sabotaging your relationships? How frequently has this happened?

We are here to help,

ww.thoughtism.me

Dayna Merry

Aloha Felicity,
I self-sabotage more than just relationships. If anything is going to well it must be destroyed. I am still working on figuring out why but I know it has something to do with my self esteem. So I would just keep working on yourself and try to recognize the sabotage either while its happening or when you are thinking of the action you are going to take. I have come so far as to actually save the situation. But it all has to start with seeing what in you thinks you don't deserve to be happy and loved.

Uniquecoach

Self sabotaging is a result of fear. You must be willing to go back in time and discover when it started, and why. It is only then you are able to find the cause and therefore, cure the symptoms. I have a FREE ebook on my website on Fear and how to overcome it. I also have coaching sessions that help you as well. Visit my profile page for information on my website. I hope this serves you well

Dayna Merry

Self sabotaging is a result of fear. You must be willing to go back in time and discover when it started, and why. It is only then you are able to find the cause and therefore, cure the symptoms. I have a FREE ebook on my website on Fear and how to overcome it. I also have coaching sessions that help you as well. Visit my profile page for information on my website. I hope this serves you well
As someone who does self sabotage I can guarantee it is not fear related. And you should be trying to help this person not get opt ins and sell your coaching sessions.

Uniquecoach

That's where you are wrong Dayna. Perhaps you also could use the advice. People don't just sabotage themselves without a reason. I guarantee if "YOU" took the time to do what I said, you would find this negative behavior is related to fear. Fear comes in many shapes and sizes, so don't limit your thinking. I also help people for a living so don't insult me with your reasoning of sharing my ebook or services. Do you think they should take the advice of someone without expertise? I don't. I didn't push my services, I "offered" them help. If you were a nurse and someone was sick, would you not give them advice or help IF you were not working? Of course you would. You wouldn't see there and say you weren't at work so you couldn't help.

Dayna Merry

As someone with personal and professional expertise I can appreciate your opinion. Self Sabotage is a subconscious act cause by personal beliefs. I have made progress with my self sabotage and these forums are made to help answer questions in the forum not send people to buy your coaching. But it takes all kinds maybe neither of us are correct. Just don't peddle your goods.

Uniquecoach

You just shared that it comes from personal beliefs. Personal beliefs are ones "perception" of a situation. It is how your brain has interpreted that situation as to whether it will cause you pain or happiness. As you examine personal beliefs, you often find they don't make sense anymore. Most false beliefs are due to fear. Fear of failure, being criticized, doubts, lack of confidence, low self esteem, etc. I don't appreciate your insult of "peddling my goods". I will continue to offer my free information and support, just as other professionals on this site do to help people seeking answers and support. You are free to block my name so you don't receive any support I offer. But I am on here to help people and offer strategies that will move them forward. If they don't work for you or you are not interested, that is fine as well. Just don't use your opinion to dismiss the opportunity for others to grow.

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
For the record, the preferred way to refer visitors to one's website is in the signature line, you can put in a link along with a brief description of what it is or what the service is you have. This way in every single post, people are aware of your website or service and no need to say anything about it. Then one only needs to sell themselves in the post, without risk of it appearing as if the post is solely designed to sell them something.