Saying "I Love You"

Jessi

Wow, really? I don't think that's healthy at all....for either partner. And if the boyfriend doesn't actually feel that way, then it's even worse. I do understand saying it and wanting it said regularly, though.

bneil

Having to say it would be a good way of expressing how much you love your significant other, though for my part I guess it is not that important as long as you both know how much you do love each other through your deeds,

IsabelleChan

Well, it's of no use if the boy doesn't mean it by heart. I can see that the girl is insecure about her relationship. Maybe she's been hurt before, or maybe she's a control freak, and she feels assured whenever her boyfriend says 'I love you' to her. It's not harsh demand, but the boy may need to talk to the girl more and find out the causes behind such a move. Complicated issues may be involved.

bneil

Well, it's of no use if the boy doesn't mean it by heart. I can see that the girl is insecure about her relationship. Maybe she's been hurt before, or maybe she's a control freak, and she feels assured whenever her boyfriend says 'I love you' to her. It's not harsh demand, but the boy may need to talk to the girl more and find out the causes behind such a move. Complicated issues may be involved.
Well, Isa, that's also a possibility, that the girl might have inner reasons why she wants her boyfriend to do this favor for her. One key to this is to confront her girl.

pafjlh

I so agree with those who think this isn't healthy, I can understand wanting to hear the words I Love You be said from time to time. But demanding it of someone and expecting it on a daily basis, I don't think its right and it doesn't seem like this person is confident in these feelings, but that's just me. I feel that yes saying I Love You is important, but also showing your love for someone, which is something that can happen on daily basis, is just as important, if not more so. After all there is a saying actions speak louder then words, and I think this holds true with love, showing your love can have more impact then constantly saying the words, especially when it wasn't your idea to do so, but that's just my opinion on the subject.

marlinealcott

She should just leave and find a guy who is ultra-romantic and will tell her that he loves her thousands of times a day. If I found one, anyone can!

Ryan Doug

I agree that the demand of the girl might create an unhealthy relationship. It turns out that the saying of "I love you" will no longer be out of an intimate feeling but already out of responsibility or grudging. It does not provide a security all all, because any guy can say "I love you" without any feeling.

bneil

I agree that the demand of the girl might create an unhealthy relationship. It turns out that the saying of "I love you" will no longer be out of an intimate feeling but already out of responsibility or grudging. It does not provide a security all all, because any guy can say "I love you" without any feeling.
I agree with you, literal things are not much meaningful as words in action.

Ryan Doug

There should not be any forceful thing to do in an any relationship. I do believe that guys are very showy in their emotions. When they say they love the girls, they really mean that. They are forced to say those three words the moment their girlfriends say that they no longer feel the love of their boyfriend. The guy is forced to tell those words in order to save a relationship.

A

artistry

I don't timk a prsom should require tht someone say "I love you", as all they are getting are words. Saying the words should come from the heart, I would feel kind of stupid, demanding something like that. If they don't feel the need to say it, I would not demand it. It would have no meaning in essence, in my opinion.