Regular Exercise

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I have a good and healthy habit of sparing at least 1 hour a day for my favorite exercise which is brisk walking. I usually walk for 8 kilometers a day to control my weight and increase my mental capacity.

Frankly speaking, it is so easy to just stay at home and do nothing. And this is the main reason why millions of people are getting to be sedentary. A lazy lifestyle is detrimental for a person's overall health and this is already proven in hundreds of studies conducted by doctors and scientists all over the world.

Wanna join me in my walk?

speedy

Advisor Member
I really wanted to have a regular exercise. Once, I made a hula hoop so I can do something even in the house but the space was not enough for it. I live in a 5th floor building, what I did is running up and down every morning quietly while everybody are still sleeping. :)

Is 8km about 5 miles? If so that's quite a walk. I ride my bike every so often, but not enough. I work far too much these days.
My aunt takes a hula hoop exercise class. She let me try it, and it was heavier than a normal hula-hoop.

I have a good and healthy habit of sparing at least 1 hour a day for my favorite exercise which is brisk walking. I usually walk for 8 kilometers a day to control my weight and increase my mental capacity.

Frankly speaking, it is so easy to just stay at home and do nothing. And this is the main reason why millions of people are getting to be sedentary. A lazy lifestyle is detrimental for a person's overall health and this is already proven in hundreds of studies conducted by doctors and scientists all over the world.

I do 5-7 kilometers a day, myself. It's part of my daily routine. You're right, it's very easy to just sit at home and blog all day. But, we do need to exert an effort to be healthy. We owe it to ourselves and our families.

moneymakingmom

Coaching Member

As I've said before, housework is my exercise routine cause it's a necessary part of my day. Instead of sitting and watching TV, I get up and sweep the carpet rather than using the vacuum. Many labor saving devices also save calories. It's better to get on the hands and knees and scrub the stains out of the carpet rather than taking out the labor saving carpet cleaning machine. Sweeping off the drive way daily and raking the yard of fallen leaves or debris is another excellent calorie burning exercise. Just being active in one's own daily life burns calories.

radascars

Advisor Member

Wow that's a long mile? How did you manage to walk that long that's great. I really don't love walking when it comes to exercise, I do sit ups and push ups whenever possible so that it would not take me anywhere since I don't really like being outdoor. :)

Mark

When I am crunched for time I will do a burst training routine. It gets the heart rate up and I am done in 15 minutes.

zararina

Coaching Member
I might have more motivation to brisk walk daily if I were living in the province sine the air is fresher there and the view i more on nature. I find it hard to walk around here in our community. I just try or choose to walk when going to near places just like visiting a friend so that I would have exercise. What I usually do is have simple exercises at home. Just like doing some stretches and crunches/situps daily to avoid being too stagnant.

Some form or movement is necessary for a person to stay healthy. I try to do yoga on a daily basis. I can feel it if I skip a day or two. The sun salutation pose stretches out my hip and back and really gets the blood flowing. Many of my friends get on a treadmill for 30 minutes each morning to get their blood going.

A

artistry

Walking is a great type of exercise, it stimulates the entire body. Probably the only other full body exercise, would be swimming. I try to exercise before I get out of bed, because I have a bad back, which limits any exercise routine. I also exercise while I am sitting, it helps.

moneymakingmom

Coaching Member
Walking is a great type of exercise, it stimulates the entire body. Probably the only other full body exercise, would be swimming. I try to exercise before I get out of bed, because I have a bad back, which limits any exercise routine. I also exercise while I am sitting, it helps.
Walking is an excellent way to stimulate blood flow through all parts of the body and easy enough to do even for a beginner who is out of shape or has not exercised in awhile.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I really wanted to have a regular exercise. Once, I made a hula hoop so I can do something even in the house but the space was not enough for it. I live in a 5th floor building, what I did is running up and down every morning quietly while everybody are still sleeping. :)
Walking up and down can really help especially your heart. We really have to be creative in finding ways to move our body and even small things we can be doing everyday can really be of big help. The most important thing is that we are avoiding being sedentary and just be lazy while watching TV all day long. :D

Goddard

You are doing good efforts to control your weight and I hope you will succeed in your this weight loss purpose.
Walking is a good exercise for the weight control, you should be regular in your this workout if you want proper results for your weight management.

Regular exercise is very important to maintain overall health. Exercise can make you look great, younger, fitter and thinner. A 30-minute walk every day can do more for your long-term health. Exercise not only improve your health, but also it can prevent you from life-threatening conditions, such as heart disease, diabetes and cancer.

These days I am puffed for breath just walking to my local shop and back. I had a cold and had a stuffy nose. You should have seen my bedroom bin; just full of tissues that I have blown my nose in over the last few days. My nose is actually chaffing. But I have discovered, since beginning to smoke, that I when I have a cold, I am a lot more pushed for breath than I would normally be. I still work out though. I have an elliptical machine in my house. So I use that daily.

nonoyyh

I don't go for brisk walk. But, I actually cycling 3-4 times per weak. And I also play badminton with my friends. It not only fun to be with my friend, but my body is healthy all the way. I don't get sick easily and is free to do whatever I like. I enjoy life like this.

I think that if you really figure out why you want to get fit and healthy, this will help push and motivate you on those down days. The bigger the 'why' is, the more you will want to workout and eat healthy. It's always important to find an exercise that you love.! So be prepared to have fun and experiment.

MyDigitalpoint

Advisor Member
I have never liked to exercise as most people conceive it; working out on a fitness routine.

I used to walk long distances instead, but over a month ago I discovered that this is not enough. While I'm in good shape, I begin to suffer a sort of exhaustion that makes me get tired faster than in the past.

But the worst came when I was suddenly hit by a runner in my right arm. One month later, it still hurts, what makes me think that it's time to engage in a regular exercise routine and begin a program to gain strength because just everything is causing me bruises, as in example, going out there with a bag hanging from my shoulder :eek: