Reality TV

Dreek Lass

I was just wondering whether anyone watched reality TV shows and enjoyed them. I find that a lot of people will watch these shows and then slate them, saying that they are not good for today's youth, and that it warps the mind.

Just to name a few, some of the reality tv shows that I really enjoy are Love and Hip Hop, both athe Atlanta and the New York versions, Real Housewives of Atlanta, Bad Girl's Club, The Ultimate Fighter, and probably a whole bunch of other shows that I am forgetting to mention right now.

Do you watch and enjoy reality TV? If so, which shows are your favorite?

pafjlh

I have to admit that for the most part I do like the Real Housewives franchise. Except for maybe the New York and New Jersey additions. I also like to watch a show called Tabatha Takes over, which is another reality show on Bravo. In the past I also liked to watch the Bachelor but I have gotten to the point where this franchise no longer interest me.

selfmade

I used to watch Survivor and The Amazing Race but after a few seasons I got really bored with them. Now, I watch Project Runway and sometimes I catch Hell's Kitchen. In general, I like shows that have competitions that involve skills. Oh, I really liked The Apprentice, back when it was actually a contest for a job. I don't like it now that it's celebrities and all for charity, that took the fun out of it!

digitalbrew

I love The Apprentice. I have a love-hate relationship with Survivor and I occasionally watch Master Chef. I'm fine with those, but to watch the Kardashians, the Carters or other celebrity's personal life is not something I'm a big fan of. That, I think, is a waste of time unless you actually learn something applicable to your life from watching them.

matthewebbert

Not every reality show is bad.. sure there are some which are worst to watch.. its based on you only what you need to watch and not to..

zararina

Coaching Member
I used to enjoy watching some reality shows.
Some of my favorite reality shows before are playing it straight, amazing race and survivor.

Dreek Lass

personally, I think reality TV has infected Telivision. The other day I saw a reality show competition for diving. They had a bunch of women in these swimsuits that left almost nothing to the imagination pretending to be competing for who could dive better. Is this what reality has come to? if they really wanted to make a reality show it would be about a person going to school, getting a job, keeping a job and paying off bills. The shows they have fine, but please don't call them "reality" shows because they are nothing like reality.
The show I think is the worst is "the biggest looser" I mean, its good competition is good, but instead of cut throat who can loose the most weight how about a team effort to support and encourage each other. They all have the same type of characters, the whiny bitch, backstabbing bitch, and the bitch.

As much as I live for Reality TV, it has certainly infected television, and I don;t think anybody could disagree with that. Long gone are the fictional dramas that used to populate our televisions. Every popular show these days is one of reality TV. But they are just as scripted as the fictional shows - some of them anyway. I think that the only fictional show that I watch these days is Dexter. Everything else that I watch is a reality TV show. The kicker is that reality is nowhere near like what most of these shows put out their. If the cameras were not there, then the frequent fights that reality TV seems to inspire, would not take place.

But having said that, I like having a breather from my own life and being able t slip into another's, even if it is scripted. We have no concrete proof of that, so I just use these shows to escape for a little while.