Reading

Peishan

I like reading but after started working I don't have much time to read. However it's just an excuse i guess because you can always squeeze out some time to read as long as you want to. So now I try to occupy those waiting times i.e. waiting for payment during shopping, waiting for bus, waiting for friend etc.. to read something. I enjoy reading inspiration quotes too :)

betty blue

I love reading! When I was a kid I was at the library all the time. I probably don`t read quite as much these days, but I really believe that reading is so important, it opens new worlds to people, that`s why libraries are so important- we didn`t have much money to spare when I was growing up, and what pocket money I did have was spent on books. I still buy a lot these days, and its the best way to relax, getting lost in a book.

pafjlh

I love to read as well. I also love to write, maybe that's why I became a writer. But seriously, I have always enjoyed reading a book and losing myself in the story. As stated you can go anywhere you want in a book, and you can wrap yourself up in the characters. I so want to tell kids who hate learning to read in school that its not just important to learn to read, but it can be fun as well. Reading books can open a whole new world for anyone.

ClutterMind

I love reading. It's something that I've always loved since childhood. Unfortunately as I advanced in my educational career I found less time and motivation to read for pleasure, but recently I've taken up the habit again, and am glad I have.

I usually divide my reading into fiction and non-fiction. It's a great way to learn more about the world, and in general just improve yourself.

Hilmi Hamdan

Oh, I definitely read in my free time. I even keep books handy in the truck, in case I have to wait in a line somewhere, and the people there aren't into conversation. Recently, reading got even better with tablets and smartphones. Now I can take a bunch of books anywhere I go. Strangely I still have this preference for reading from physical ink and paper books. Books I read range various topics, mainly self-development books, books on travel, Gnosticism, religion, history, world culture, philosophy, psychology, business & management, sales, marketing and advertising, and sometimes autobiographies.

clairebeautiful

I'm a big reader. I belong to a book club that meets regularly every 5 weeks, so that keeps me reading. I also have elementary school kids and I rather wish to encourage this new skill they are learning.

But I've always been a big reader.

There was a two or three year stretch there where I didn't actually own a TV (early marriage) and my husband and I each read tons of books that year. I sort of miss it. I also used to have a 30 minute (one way) commute to work, so I took to books on CD during that time and LOVED it.

I was a HS English teacher - so reading was definitely part of my job. Now that I stay home with kids it is a little more difficult to find time to do it, but I still do it.

GJGreyling

Coaching Member
Readers are leaders! Birds of a feather, flock together. If we spent our time with drug addicts you can imagine what an effect this would have on us, we would probably become drug addicts.

So imagine if instead we were to spend time with millionaires, we would pick up the mindset of a millionaire. The good news is that we can spend time with them through their books! I think this is because books help us create an environment in which we can adapt to.

So what we have to be mindful of is how we are creating that environment and what is effecting and influencing our mindset.

Personally I commit to reading a little bit every day, but I do like reading in my spare time as well. :D