QUESTIONS TO ASK ABOUT MAKING A CHANGE

Of all the regrets I have up to this point, one of the big ones is that I didn’t decide to change sooner to work on myself and stretch beyond my comfort zone. I sometimes think of how different my life would be had I done so 30 years ago. But that’s my story. It doesn’t have to be yours.

So ask yourself, " If not me who? If not now when?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, regret is a terrible thing to have to deal with. That's why I can say, "don't wait until you're in your fifties to work on your personal development. Start right now, where you are, with what you have to work with and make it a part of the rest of your life.

Peter Hogan

On the other hand, it's never too late....

The number one reason why people don't change their life is because so many fail to take action and pursue what their after. Not only that but the ability to have focus and clarity in their lives. People try to do too much also. To do less is to do more! So focus on one thing, take action and change your life for the better!

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally don't view my past mistakes like I used to.

There is a quote from Deepak Chopra that started changing my perspective on the issue of regret:

"Everyone is doing the best they can in the level of consciousness they are in."

In my 20's I was a total mess.

I was self entitled, lazy, always angry and being argumentative about one thing or the other. Even if the biggest opportunity on the planet stood right in front of me and sweet talked me into taking it, I never ever would have!

Wisdom is something that comes with humility and experience.

I had very little humility back then. It was not my focus. My ego completely ruled my world.

So regrets, for me, have become the seed that grew the wisdom I have now.

I was never wasting time. I was always learning through my hurdles.

The mistakes I made were the building blocks for my strength and resilience.

The darkness inside of me helped me embrace who I am in my entirety.

So I choose to no longer use the phrase "if I knew then what I know now..." Because I needed to go through it then to know what I know now.

My hope is that one day you feel the same ;-)

You know now more than you ever did before. You can still do A LOT with your wisdom, knowledge and skills.

Sheila, Your PushFactor

Gio

The comfort zone reassures us; many times we adapt to situations that are not good for us because getting out of them frightens us.
But this is a self-limiting behavior.

Many people believe they can not change, how many times have you heard the phrase "I'm like this" or "it's too late to change"? Well, at the beginning I honestly thought so, I was convinced I could not change, I made do with what I had, but something inside of me did not work because I could not get what I wanted.

When we do not meet our need for growth, our motivation and our positive energy diminishes and our sense of self-esteem also diminishes.

When we venture into change, we learn new things, we experience and activate new capacities to respond to reality. This gratifies us and pushes us to go further, expanding our horizons helping us to develop new perceptions of our identity.

denydritz

Coaching Member
I learn that regret comes from having a goal to occur in the past. We have the goal in the present, but we want it to happen in the past. Since it's impossible, we feel regret.

The way I see it is life is never worse or better, but different. In cases of property violation (like war or murder), it is worse, but other than that, it's simply different. There are some things that make me wonder what would change if I didn't do them in the past, but I wouldn't necessarily be "better" than I am now.

Maybe I'd be richer but have health problems. Maybe I'd have children but my relationship is struggling. And so many other scenarios that don't hold any value because they are not real.