Quality of Life

AmazingP

Advisor Member
Quality of Life

How do you measure a quality of life? Is it very much linked to monetary figures? We all know that material wealth heavily contributes to a person’s development and status in the society. With financial security, we have the power to make choices. However, beyond the material aspect, it is also important that we have health, happiness, love and peace.

In fact, it is not desirable to have a fat bank account once you are at the same time suffering from unmanageable level of stress -- from work or relationships. A person who lacks health and strength would surely trade money for those things.

A life which is full of inspiration, knowledge and opportunities enhanced by physical, emotional, spiritual and financial wellbeing is the kind of life we would like to have.

Don’t you think so?

canadien

I don't think that money = wealth is automatic. Sure, monetary well-being helps, but I don't think it truly gives you a good quality of life. Like you said, you could have all the money in the world, and still be stressed to the maximum. I think a good quality of life involves mental well-being. Being sound and sane is something that is vital to living a happy life, and is also the basis of our everyday emotions. I think money is a factor, however there are other elements that lead to a happier life.

zararina

Coaching Member
I agree that we could not such measure quality of lie through measuring the money and the properties that we have. It certainly involved happiness, contentment, time for everything and life with stress free moments. A good quality life is having a healthy body, mind, good family, loving friends and freedom.

iebo

The highest measurement of quality of life is whether someone is enjoying their existence. You don't have to have a lot of money to enjoy your life. I think a lot of rich people don't really enjoy their life because they don't like their job or their family or friends. There's been studies that show that once you hit a certain income point it doesn't make you any more satisfied with your life.

A

artistry

Quality of life in my opinion begins with your health, physically and mentaIly. If your body is physically in a condition that you can function at a satisfactory level and your mental ability is in place then I would think that your quality of life is pretty good. There would be degrees of "pretty good." Above average quality of life to below average quality of life, if a person is quite healthy physically and is mentally alert, then the person could be said to be in a very great quality of life state.

kai_uk

Quality of life is different from happiness. You might have a good quality of life living in a nice and safe environment with lots of food, and friendly people, but that still might not make you happy. More adventurous types may prefer the battlefield and have a poor quality of life living in trenches among the dead and the dirt, but they are happier there because they enjoy that type of lifestyle.

Scandinavian coutries, along with vancouver, vienna and switzerland often rank highly in this list, but i doubt i would move there.

Gina33

I consider quality of life to mean that a person is happy and feels fulfilled. I don't know if I am setting the bar to high with that or not. I do think money is important. I could not have spent all of my money on presents for people I love if I didn't have it. I am broke again, but happy because I got to do something nice for people I love. While money is important, I do think we have to remember it is a tool. It can not love you back, and is a temporary part of this thing we call life.