Purpose & Discipline

gandamede

Hello everyone! I want to share my thoughts on discipline and purpose with you.

In order to be healthy, strong people, we need discipline.

Each of us has a different purpose. Regardless of what it is, it drives us to be disciplined. This is because we will do what is necessary to fulfill it. But, where does purpose come from? I believe purpose is found in life experiences.

While these are not all the forms of purpose, these have helped me build and maintain discipline.

Devotion - Whether it is your significant other, your family, your country, or yourself, you have a purpose to enrich the lives of those you love - be it physically, socially, emotionally, financially, and spiritually. In particular, your family likely made many sacrifices to give you a better life than they had. Give them ten fold what they gave to you.

Injustice - You cannot change the injustices in the world if you do not first change the man in the mirror.

Adversity - When you find yourself in a situation that makes you uncomfortable, what will you do? Tolerate the pain or push yourself to escape it? This video explains the power of adversity very well. (
)

Passion - When you thoroughly enjoy what you are doing, you will do whatever it takes to do it. Passion is in the heart. The mind can be persuaded but the heart cannot

What is your purpose?

DreamLifeRules

Coaching Member
I think the best purpose is non-selfish goal. It could be anything what isn´t related to only you. It could be taking care of your family, helping poor kids or anything else. When your alarm ring, and you have this idea, that you just turn it off and break your discipline, this goal is something, what keep you motivated, gives you purpose, and you just couldn´t stop (at least It works with me greatly).

Mick IOM

Coaching Member
ves,
I think the best purpose is non-selfish goal. .
I love this. In fact, I think this is exactly what a purpose is: a big goal that serves the greater good. This is the way to living a truly fulfilling life according to many people. And let's face it, as long as you keep running after something for yourself, you won't ever feel truly fulfilled, except for the short dopamine rush.

On top of that, if you're in the process of making an impact in the world and providing value to other people's life, that's the greatest feeling there is.

I can recall an experience where I was backpacking in Australia where I met a man who stayed in the same dorm, who was kicked out of his house by his wife. He wasn't allowed to see his children and he was fighting this in court. He had no money and seemed a bit odd.

After some conversations it turned out we had a lot in common and in fact, he was very spiritual. I enjoyed the conversations and we (3 of us) decided to pay a couple of days in the hostel so he wouldn't have to live on the street.

Now in 2 years, this is still one of the most vivid experiences I've had where I felt absolutely blessed with life. And the only thing I did was give was giving this man a couple of days..

Now I understand that this has nothing to do with purpose but a great lesson was learned that day: giving to someone in need is the most satisfying thing I've ever done in my life.

All the best,
Mick