Playing computer games

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
I spend some of my leisure time playing computer games of many types. Some perhaps think it's a waste of time, however it helps me unwind and is fun. I think it's all a matter of balance, anything done to excess can be a problem. Which type of game depends on my mood, some require a lot of thinking so I'll avoid that if I'm mentally tired, in those cases I prefer something more about action and reflexes. My son plays them too, I think it's better than watching dumb TV shows... again it's about moderation and balance, he also plays football :)

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I am not really into games as this is not my forte. Yes, I admit that from time to time I go for Angry Birds because it is fun and very easy for my level of gaming experience. As to multi-player online gaming, i have never tried that. Probasbly it has something to do with generation gap. Please don't ask my age.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I'd be surprised if you're older than me but I won't post it here :confused:
Hmmm...there is nothing to be surprised on because it is quite obvious that I belong to a different generation lol...anyway we are now seeing older people getting addicted to games therefore age is no more a gauge as far as gaming is concerned. :D

Yolanda

I do like playing games to unwind, many different types as well. I love vintage console games like the super nintendo entertainment system, but I also play puzzle games or hidden object games. Which game type I choose depends on my mood. If I want a good where I need to focus I will choose a hidden object game or puzzle game, and if I want to play a game that needs less focus I choose a platform or arcade game.

radascars

Advisor Member
I used to play a lot before when I was younger and do nothing but to play, study and eat a lot. :) But when I graduated and applied several companies to work I realize that life isn't easy as I was a kid back then. I tend to play almost whole day just to finish the game. But now that I am working I finally see video gaming as one of my entertainment when I feel so stressed and need something that will boost my mind. Playing video game with my niece and nephews are the best thing I feel whenever I feel not working :D

iebo

I'd much rather play games then watch TV. Games are interactive and allow you to think about problems or strategies. Action games can improve your hand-eye co-ordination. And online games can give you a community to socialize with. Games are great.

Cecil Estrera

I love both watching TV and playing computer games.
They're really good boredom-killer for me.
But I don't have much time everyday to be in a computer, so I am more to watching TV until nighttime.

clauemi

I like playing games too but don't too often cause I tend to get addicted to those things and then don't finish my work LOL.

I don't want my kids addicted too.

speedy

Advisor Member
I spend some of my leisure time playing computer games of many types. Some perhaps think it's a waste of time, however it helps me unwind and is fun. I think it's all a matter of balance, anything done to excess can be a problem. Which type of game depends on my mood, some require a lot of thinking so I'll avoid that if I'm mentally tired, in those cases I prefer something more about action and reflexes. My son plays them too, I think it's better than watching dumb TV shows... again it's about moderation and balance, he also plays football :)
I agreed though we can't get from it but it helps us unwind and relax. Last 2 days ago, I am very tired doing some online jobs. I just sit in front of the computer and play games. I don't have a TV here in my room, so playing games especially on FB games were some sort of my relaxation. Yes, balance is very important because our mind cannot function well if we are all work and work. So, it is good to relax and have fun sometimes.

canadien

I mainly play video games (Xbox), but it's the same premise as computer games. I find that by doing something I enjoy and am entertained by, I unwind and relax very quickly. It's nice to be able to sit down and play a little bit of Call of Duty after a hard day of work. I always wondered why people regarded playing video games as worse than watching TV, because at least with video games you're interacting, and not just sitting like a vegetable on the couch.

zararina

Coaching Member
I also find it relaxing and fun playing some games online. But personally i seldom play as i am not a gamer myself. I had tried some simple games online like book worm and Super Mario. When i got bored being online, i do read news and articles online or simply log in on my social networking sites and see updates and pictures.

summerRain

I also play computer games but I am now trying to control and limit my gaming hours. I tend to get so addicted to it, to the point that I can no longer do my responsibilities.

amy005

I don't think playing video/computer games is any more of a waste of time then watching tv and pretty much everyone spends at least a couple of hours a day watching tv. Both are ways to relax. Also, playing games give you an added benefit. Typically when playing video games you need to use problem solving skills which is good for the mind.

OhioTom76

I've been getting into the ROM/Emulator scene lately to replay some of the old games from my childhood. It's kind of funny because some of the games seem super easy now, while others are harder than I recall.

Spiral

Most of the games drain quite a bit of energy and for me gaming is rather like practicing a sport than relaxation.

bneil

With my age I still play computer games especially the NBA 2k12 which I have recently installed on my PC :) It relaxes me well after a whole day of work, and after a very hectic schedule throughout a week. I used to play every weekend.

stranger_47

My taste to gaming is quite decline, because nowadays gaming like PC and android is very expensive and everything is buy online and need fastest internet line or else you can not enjoy if not do it, which is costly rather than old days, you need buy the internet and upgrade the PC or android which double your expensive, it is hard to buy PC gaming or else using soft copy or dvd. Last life in my teenager and college days on 2008, i like to buy some PC gaming in store and installed it myself to PC and no need to wait for longer time to download it, some say if you buy online nowadays, you can lost hard money in account if it is not refundable. Waiting too much in download and pay internet bill is most painful things to do online. My conclusion, i am just playing the old and new gaming in the nearest cybercafe provided fast internet online and offline gaming and play it. Im playing strategy game and RTS battle which more pleasure.