Personal Development- To be Process Orientated: The Power of Flow?

Circa_3rd

This article introduces the idea of being in the moment of a process without having to think about a particular outcome, judgement, assigning values etc. I think that this is personal development because I think that we can take this term across all borders of our life socially, physically and mentally. So lets say that you are in a conversation with a employer and they are telling you off for little mistakes and instead of getting riled up because you are in flow you are self-aware and i think this awareness can lead us to reply the way that gives us positive returns. I don't know what do you guys think?

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
I like this practice. I recommend studying the Buddhist and Zen teachings of mindfulness + concentration, I believe it's the same concept and has a lot of teachings and organizations behind it. Mindfulness teaches you to remove the mental barriers spoken of in here, and concentration helps you "focus on the one". Meditation is a great way to practice this, you use mindfuless to learn to let thoughts go as they come, and use concentration to focus only on your breath. As you get better at this, you become better at applying this in everyday life where you can better get into the flow this article speaks of. This article makes a good point about how children are often already able to do this, it's as we grow older that we think too much and worry too much, and live in the past and future rather than the present.