Paying Something Good Forward

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I am thinking of starting a humanitarian project here in my locality. We would look for sponsors and funding for some deserving students in order for them to finish their college studies and hopefully break away from the shackles of poverty and despair.

The unique feature for this project is that all beneficiaries would be asked that one day they be the sponsors for more beneficiaries. So this is a sort of paying forward the generosity they received. The project would then achieve sustainability in helping more students.

Do you think this project can succeed?

Zippy

I think that is a wonderful idea. I think the problem would be that you could not guarantee that the person would pay it forward. I think you would have to figure out what to look for in a person so you could identify the person who would most likely finish AND be willing to pay it forward. I know I would have loved a program like that and would have been dedicated to pay it forward.

There are some people who are not so trust worthy. The thing about living in poverty, and I know this from experience, is that sometimes you get so sick of it. Then when you finally get money you don't know how to be responsible and greed can take over. So I think you would have to install values in the person along the way as well as teach them financial responsibility. Any person with a hint of greed would probably not work out.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I think that is a wonderful idea. I think the problem would be that you could not guarantee that the person would pay it forward. I think you would have to figure out what to look for in a person so you could identify the person who would most likely finish AND be willing to pay it forward. I know I would have loved a program like that and would have been dedicated to pay it forward.

There are some people who are not so trust worthy. The thing about living in poverty, and I know this from experience, is that sometimes you get so sick of it. Then when you finally get money you don't know how to be responsible and greed can take over. So I think you would have to install values in the person along the way as well as teach them financial responsibility. Any person with a hint of greed would probably not work out.
I know what you mean. We have to look for deserving beneficiaries whom we feel we can trust with the ideals and hopes of the program and then help them to be molded as good and responsible citizens. So this is not just going to be financial dole-out but a holistic developmental technique.

zararina

Coaching Member
I also think that it is a wonderful idea. To be able to reach more and help more people. Dedication and patience should be always present specially to those organizers or leaders to make that project successful. Good luck and hope it will succeed as it has a good objective. ;)

bright_light

I appreciate if you'd pursue your project. A sincere help does not expect something in return. What is important is that you're going to touch the lives of others and will help them build a better future. If they will return and do the same, then they are good people with character.

I love people who help others and yet forget...and people who were helped by others and yet remember.

Good luck.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I appreciate if you'd pursue your project. A sincere help does not expect something in return. What is important is that you're going to touch the lives of others and will help them build a better future. If they will return and do the same, then they are good people with character.

I love people who help others and yet forget...and people who were helped by others and yet remember.

Good luck.
It is a nice to be sentimental when we are helping others. This project is not charity in nature but developmental and in order to be sustainable into the future the concept of paying forward would be introduced. Imagine how many more young people would be benefited because the project will be running for a long time. This is not a handout type of concept. I was working in a non-governmental organization before and sustainability is something so hard to achieve.