Passing Gas

Dreek Lass

I know that on a first date, you are not supposed to pass wind, because you are in that stage where you and your date are attempting to sell yourselves to one another, and convince the other to invest. But holding all of that Methane in there can't be good for you lol.

My mother farted in the early stages of her relationship with her boyfriend. She actually farted and held him under the duvet once, and she said that it was one of the best ways to break the passing wind ice in their relationships.

I know that it would be different for every person, but when do you think that it is acceptable to begin passing wind in your relationship? Should you get it out of the way at the beginning, or wait til a little later on?

pafjlh

First of all what a subject, LOL. I really haven't given this much thought. To be honest I would usually excuse myself and head to the lady's room to well pass wind. I realize this is just my hang up, because lets face it this is a natural body function that all of us do. Yes, its not the most pleasant thing to be around which is probably why I don't want to do it in public. Anyway, I guess the whole thing worked out for your mother, I bet they had some good laughs about it at the time.

Dreek Lass

First of all what a subject, LOL. I really haven't given this much thought. To be honest I would usually excuse myself and head to the lady's room to well pass wind. I realize this is just my hang up, because lets face it this is a natural body function that all of us do. Yes, its not the most pleasant thing to be around which is probably why I don't want to do it in public. Anyway, I guess the whole thing worked out for your mother, I bet they had some good laughs about it at the time.

I don't know. I am in two minds about it, because I am all for saying that we all pass gas and we all burp, but if I were on a date with someone - especially a first date - then I think I would be offended if my date for the night, farted or burped in my presence. We are sort of taught that it is a lack of respect if someone farts or burps near or around you, and I think that that is something I have to work through by myself. If I farted or burped, however, I would want the other person to understand that it is better out than in. Luckily for me, my gas is usually silent and doesn't smell. My burps can be loud though.

Danielki

Coaching Member
Something my cousin said when he was dating his wife was that he felt relieved to be able to fart in the company of her and nothing be said about it, unlike previous relationships where he'd been scared to. I've farted while having sex before and in lots of places I wish I hadn't but I was more concerned about it than anyone else was. It was an alarm call to change my diet though and lay of the beans for a while. That music fruit, the more you eat, the more you…..