Online Dating...what are your horror stories or love stories??

Ellejolee

Online dating can be an awesome experience or it can be a nightmare! I have been on so many dating sites and they all gave me some bad experiences. I also met who I feel is my life partner on a dating site. Though I have been through some "busters" on dating sites, he has turned out to be one of the best things that has ever happened to me!! Feel free to share your stories, this is a no judgment zone!

Posters: If you reply to someone's post, please be courteous and respectful! Do not post negative responses...if you do not have anything helpful to say, don't say it at all!!

yanzg

I had been on a number of dating sites. It was a fun experience, and I met quite a number of guys from different websites. Online dating sites give single men and women platforms to meet, especially for people whose social circle is not very big. Sometimes can be hard to meet new people from our own life circle. One thing to be careful about online dating is you have to be cautious and really get to know the person, it can take some time. My advice is before start a relationship with a totally stranger, take things slowly and really get to know the person. Don't rush into a relationship just because you want a boyfriend/girlfriend.

SaturnGreed

online dating is just another source to meet people. I find it easier to find single people at dating sites compared to the clubs or bars. I use the one at http://www.freedatinghelper.com/reviews/malaysian-cupid/ alot. But I urge new people who are thinking of using dating sites to learn basic safety measures when meeting random people. Because i have put myself in dangerous situations before that could have been prevented if i wasn't as naive.

Narkissos

I've never been to a dating site.

I *did* however meet my significant other through facebook. I honestly don't think I could do the whole digital pseudo-romance ( - although I *have* heard that some people do find real love via that medium).

Online dating... I've been into this kind of stuff when I was in college. Facebook was not yet around back then. It was Friendster that was making waves over the internet. I met a girl. She was so beautiful in her picture. It was like love at first sight. I contacted her and we became friends. Then, after a few weeks, we decided to meet.

Let's just put it this way, when we met, her photo was the complete opposite of her in person. Oh the horror!

SoorenaTV

Here's a love story for ya!

Through my youtube videos, my current gf saw me and in one particular video, she "saw the universe in my eyes", and contacted me on instagram. We did a Skype call and connected right away. So once a week or two weeks, we'd do another Skype call. And tens or so hours later, in no uncertain terms, I stated to her how I feel about her, and she felt the same.

Several months later, and tens and tens of Skype sessions later, and we've decided to meet in person. The challenge being that there was an ocean between us and neither of us could comfortable afford a plane ticket. So we opened up a YouCaring campaign to raise funding so she could come visit. Neither of us had any expectation of actually raising any money, we just did it because it was one of the things we thought MAY work. In less than one week, the campaign raised enough money to pay for ticket in full.

We'll be seeing each other in mid February :D

Todd Hicks

Senior Advisor
I'm glad you found a good person. For anyone wanting to do online dating, arrange to meet someone in a safe public place like a restaurant or library. If the other person asks you for money for a plane ticket, do not agree to it, as it is probably a scam.