No Fap

If you do No Fap, have you been able to stick with it, or do you struggle?

• No, I keep going off and on

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Yes, I've been able to stick with it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Every time I try no fap, I fail to stick with it. I end up convincing myself it's not worth it, and relapse. Afterwards, I feel as though I should have stuck with it, and that I failed. Generally, it feels like something I should do or at least should be able to. My inability to stick with this gives me doubts about my self control. I don't let it stress me out or dwell on it too much, but I'd love to see if anyone has any good suggestions to stick with it. If anything, I want to prove to myself that I can do it and that my sexual appetite doesn't control me, so drop some advice if you have it!

Have you checked out https://www.reddit.com/r/NoFap/? It might help to join in with others that have the same interest and have succeeded, get some support there.
Hey there, I appreciate the suggestion. I’m familiar. It’s just nice to get some perspectives outside of the core community of an idea. Do you have any experience in the subject? Or any unique advice given my post?

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
I haven't attempted it myself for any real length nor want to, however I'd probably try meditation, mindfulness, and exercise. These things often help me take my mind off negative thoughts or thoughts that serve no purpose to dwell on.

Not that you asked but my viewpoint is that true self control in many areas of life is not always total abstinence, rather whether you are obsessing with it, overdoing it, letting it control too much of your life, or becoming an addiction. It's like drinking alcohol, I have a beer once in awhile but not that often nor do I think about it much. I have enough self control to not end up like people I know that became alcoholics.

I haven't attempted it myself for any real length nor want to, however I'd probably try meditation, mindfulness, and exercise. These things often help me take my mind off negative thoughts or thoughts that serve no purpose to dwell on.

Not that you asked but my viewpoint is that true self control in many areas of life is not always total abstinence, rather whether you are obsessing with it, overdoing it, letting it control too much of your life, or becoming an addiction. It's like drinking alcohol, I have a beer once in awhile but not that often nor do I think about it much. I have enough self control to not end up like people I know that became alcoholics.
Thanks for the reply! It was very insightful. I think I’m just a highly competitive person, and when I see people who are able to abstain for years, I think “Why can’t I?” I think I’ll use your advice of moderation for my competitiveness. I’ll try to challenge myself still, but in moderation, and appreciate where I’m already at, and what I do accomplish.