Never Say That's Not My Job

Samuel Rosario

Coaching Member
Hello my friend,

Today I wanna share with you guys a personal story!. It was a lesson I learned when I was in the Job world.

A few years back ( june 2013), I started working at a financial institution. When I entered there most of my co-workers would tell me things like:

'' I've been working here for 10 years and I've never been promoted, there's no need to work too much''
''Take it easy, life is just one''
'' Just do your your job and don't look outside of that''
''Just learn your job and nothing else''

But I did totally the opposite, while everybody kept saying ''that's not my job'',(even when it was) I was asking questions, reading, proposing new ideas, showing love to the job and avoiding gossips.

In just 9 months there, I was promoted to be a sub-manager of the Credits and Collections Department

I was then leading those people that would tell me to ''take it easy''. Now I don't say this to brag.

The big lesson learned here is that when you do something, NEVER BE AVERAGE. Don't be just a face in the crowd.

While everybody is gossiping, getting late to work, being early to lunch time, being late back from lunch time and leaving the work early, you are growing, learning, asking questions, proposing new and more.

It doesn't matter if you are at a job or run your own business, never be a face in the crowd!

Samuel Rosario