Need Your Help

Which online course would be most interesting or useful? Which would you take?

• Self Talk - Eliminating negativity and Increasing the positive inner message.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mind Chatter - Quieting a loud inner voice and achieving inner tranquility.

• Increasing self esteem - Steps to feeling more at ease, confident and comfortable with self.

• Heavy Emotions - Dealing with unwanted feelings and emotions. Releasing the heaviness of Life.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

J E Roberson

Senior Advisor
Hello My Pd Friends. I'm rolling out a few new course this summer and wanted your opinion on a few of the ideas in the pipeline. Can you vote below and feel free to leave any commentary as well. Thank you in advance?

Hello My Pd Friends. I'm rolling out a few new course this summer and wanted your opinion on a few of the ideas in the pipeline. Can you vote below and feel free to leave any commentary as well. Thank you in advance?
I would be interested in Heavy Emotions. People go through so much today I feel that learning how to handle feelings would be a plus as well as learning how to let go of things that weigh them down in life.

Elhama

Coaching Member
Hi J E Roberson,

If I vote, I would definitely vote for the course "Increasing self esteem - Steps to feeling more at ease, confident and comfortable with self.". That is because I believe, increasing self esteem is the way to get rid of negative self talk, mind chatter or at least reduce those bad things very much.

I believe also that increasing self esteem makes a person feel balanced and grounded which in its turn, makes them feel in control of their emotions whatever those emotions are.

In other words, I think if a person manage their self-esteem as high as required, they could mange any thing else by Allah "God" will. Therefore, taking that course could be just like catching four birds at once instead of one in the case of taking any other course of the rest three courses.

Peace Upon You

Last edited:

J E Roberson

Senior Advisor
Hi J E Roberson,

If I vote, I would definitely vote for the course "Increasing self esteem - Steps to feeling more at ease, confident and comfortable with self.". That is because I believe, increasing self esteem is the way to get rid of negative self talk, mind chatter or at least reduce those bad things very much.

I believe also that increasing self esteem makes a person feel balanced and grounded which in its turn, makes them feel in control of their emotions whatever those emotions are.

In other words, I think if a person manage their self-esteem as high as required, they could mange any thing else by Allah "God" will. Therefore, taking that course could be just like catching four birds at once instead of one in the case of taking any other course of the rest three courses.

Peace Upon You
That makes great sense. Thank you my friend!

Hey J E Roberson,
I see that you have asked to choose one. I'm gonna choose two based on two different perspectives.
Its a moderately long post so here they are : "Mind-chatter" and "Increasing Self-esteem"

Now the reasons why I chose them:
1. Most basic need - "Mindfulness."

I have always believed that every human being possess enough wisdom to live his life meaningfully. Only he can know his needs, aspirations and expectations. While climbing up the corporate ladder is a meaningful achievement for some people, helping an elderly man in his day to day life is meaningful achievement to some others. And both are right in their own ways. There's a voice deep inside us which tells us what we need and what we don't. But we never listen to that inner voice. Often that inner voice is drowned by the noise of society. In an attempt to seek validation of others we forget that its that voice which is needs to be heard. We should satisfy that inner conscience. And the way to do it? Mindfulness.
Clear out that clutter. Silence that random, useless and often negative chatter that is running non-stop and clouding one's clarity of thinking. You can then ask questions yourself and answer them yourself.
Observe your surroundings and know what's happening. Look at yourself, assess your attitudes, behaviors and reactions to different situations. You'll know yourself better. What makes you good and what needs to be improved. Once you are aware of these, your self-esteem raises because you know you are learning about yourself. You'll know your wants and needs precisely so you don't need to be approved by others. Slowly you'll show indifference to others' opinions and voila! your self-esteem shoots up the sky like a Falcon - 9 rocket of SpaceX.! And with mindfulness, you'll know when to bring it back to earth and re-use it later.
2. Most prevalent need - "Self-esteem"
I had read somewhere that statically, self-esteem issues are the most prevalent issues people face in their day-to-day lives and their endeavors. This affects their career, relationships and themselves. Naturally if you target it, number of people benefiting would be more and in that way you could reach out to more number of people. You cannot fool yourself. If you have never rode a bicycle, you can't confidently say that you can win that 'Tour de France' (there's a concept of 'fake it till you make it' but more on that some other time).
Unless you have some preliminary smaller accomplishments its hard to feel 'on the top of the world'.
(Just a word of caution, for a building with no real foundation, more the height, faster the collapse and harder it is to recover from.)
The idea of improving self-esteem is to pick up these smaller accomplishments, understand how they are significant and build upon them and start doing things you once thought were impossible.

(I think I talked more than necessary. It all came at once and I impulsively typed it :rolleyes:)

-Neo