Nature is healing

iebo

I always find that if I am distressed about something, I can go for a walk or a bike ride down the nature trails and I feel better. I believe that being out in nature is healing to the body, mind, and soul, because it's where we are supposed to be. We are not supposed to be cramped up in our desks at work or home. Does anyone else feel this way? Or do you believe something different?

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
This so true for me, when I'm by rivers, oceans, trees and scenic outdoors I just feel so relaxed. I really wish I could do it more often, I live in a mid-sized city so is hard but at least we have a lot of rivers and I'm not that far from the ocean (2 hours drive). I also have some mountains about 2 hours away which has the same effect. If you meditate, imagining your sitting in a nature spot you would like can really help you get a similar peaceful feeling, not as good as the real thing but better than nothing. I wonder why this is true, maybe something deep in our subconscious. When I retire maybe I should move out of the city but I'd miss all the things there are to do and I hate long drives.

I do agree with this. When I am bored, sad, or angry, it always helps me to just get away from everybody and take a walk outside. There I can find some peace and think more clearly.

Nature provides serenity and a lot of fresh oxygen. With a quiet mind and a lot of oxygen supplied I think one can think much better. It also soothes and soul and helps you to cool down and forget all the frustration and stress that you may have face.

So I guess yes, nature can heal.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
There is nothing more refreshing and more relaxing than to be in communion with nature. With fresh air, sun light and green sceneries, a tired mind and weary soul would always find its healing. With negative eons released by fresh air positively charging our body, I am also a big fan of nature. As we are all part of nature, connecting with nature is now part and parcel of what it means to be totally healthy.

I agree with you. Whenever I feel low on energy or I feel like I have to much weight on my shoulders, a walk through the park can really sheer me up and help me relief some stress. Nature has a healing and calming effect on me and I feel very connected to it. Luckily I have a lot of options nearby to be in direct contact with nature, one of the reasons I chose my home.

When I feel the signs of emotional weakness, just like when I am on the verge of breaking down, I go out and look for an old tree. I sit and rest my back on its sturdy trunk and enjoy the shade it provides me. When I touch its sturdy trunk, it tells me this: "Child, listen. For over a century now, I've been facing the wraths of tornadoes, hurricanes, and typhoons. But look at me, I remained standing and unbent."

Communing with nature...it truly is!

I always find that if I am distressed about something, I can go for a walk or a bike ride down the nature trails and I feel better. I believe that being out in nature is healing to the body, mind, and soul, because it's where we are supposed to be. We are not supposed to be cramped up in our desks at work or home. Does anyone else feel this way? Or do you believe something different?
Yes, I agree with you iebo. Nature is a very good stress therapy. Just watching the sky at night or the bird playing in morning already gives me great pleasure. If you stare long enough on green grass or leafy branches, you'll also be treating your eyes from strains caused by computers.:)

speedy

Advisor Member
Yes, I agree with you and I feel the same way. When, I was a kid and back in our province, I used to lay on the grass outside the house just watch the star and had a fresh air. We don' have electricity that time, so the light from the stars are really amazing and relaxing. Then, now that I am here in city the very nature that I mingled with is the seaside. We are close to the sea and there is a place that the people made at the seaside where people can sit and relax. Being with nature is very relaxing and soothing.

moneymakingmom

Coaching Member
I couldn't have said it better. Nothing is so calming or peaceful as a beach sunset. The last time I was at the beach, around seven years ago, the sun was just setting and everyone stopped what they were doing to look out as the sun dropped low over the far horizon. There was a spectacular explosion of oranges streaking across the evening sky as the sun gave it's final salute I've never felt such amazing peace and serenity in my entire life. It was a once in a lifetime experience that I will carry with me in my heart to the end.

speedy

Advisor Member
I couldn't have said it better. Nothing is so calming or peaceful as a beach sunset. The last time I was at the beach, around seven years ago, the sun was just setting and everyone stopped what they were doing to look out as the sun dropped low over the far horizon. There was a spectacular explosion of oranges streaking across the evening sky as the sun gave it's final salute I've never felt such amazing peace and serenity in my entire life. It was a once in a lifetime experience that I will carry with me in my heart to the end.
Yes, right the sunset as well as the sunrise. Looking at those things will give you an unexplained feeling. Seems, the sun tells us that life is good and after the sunset there will always a sunrise. Which is in real life, after the darkness there is light. I love nature.

I think Anne Frank said it best:

"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quite alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. As longs as this exists, and it certainly always will, I know that then there will always be comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances may be. And I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles."
Anne Frank (Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl)

Yes, I always feel healed and refreshed after I saw nature. It is healing I agree. I always wanted for just even once in 6 months to visit and explore the beauty of nature to have a calm feeling and a peace of mind.

I have to agree there is something peaceful and tranquil in the world we live in. Although, I'm not fortunate enough to live in a place that has the beauty of nature around it. I would still love to walk to just get out and breath the air and be at one with the world around me. Since my health has taken a turn for the worse, and I'm not able to walk as well as I use to I find that this is something that I miss very much.