My son is suffering from sleep paralysis. What should I do?

worriedDAD

For the past week, my son has been suffering from sleep paralysis. I don’t know if this is normal but having to deal with it for how many days is not normal anymore. My 15 year old kid kept on telling me that he’s having nightmares and bad dreams, which I don’t like. I read an article in website talking about the death of a girl who had a sleep paralysis. Please tell me what should I do. My son is at risk here. Hear me please.

RicardaK

Hi worriedDAD,

first of all, does your sun use his phone very often just before going to bed?
The light of phones is the same light found in sunrise. Meaning the mind is tricked into believing the sun is coming up and it is time to wake up. So you might want to check this first.
Second, what about sugar and caffein in his diet? Coke and Sweets? Cut it all out. Caffein gets the brain into betha waves, promoting lots and lots of thinking.
Does he do any sports during the day? Physical movement and fresh air during the day is essential for good sleep!
Hope this helps a bit :giggle:

If he is on psychiatric medications then one or a combination of them could be the cause of it. I only ever had sleep paralysis once in my life and I was on new medications.