My grandson

Charlie56

Hello folks.

My grandson has made a video for a competition on the internet, a competition I believe is run by Saga magazine. He asked me to tell people about it so I decided to post it up here. It gives a really nice view of growing old; in fact it gave me somewhat of a boost seeing as I recently passed my 55th birthday myself!

The video is entitled 'Being 50: The Poet', and you can watch it by clicking on the blue writing below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8MQl2ejGtg

If you like the video and would like to leave a comment, please do so. Any comments will greatly help out my grandson as I believe the judges like to see if the public have enjoyed each video when judging the contest. Don't think you have to be elderly like me to enjoy the video either - it sends out a great message to everyone... we'll all be old someday!

Thank you kindly.

Charlie

This is a cute video actually. How old is your son, by the way?

I liked the video's message really. I wished I would have the same mentality when I grow older -- "to grow old but feel young". :)

AmazingP

Advisor Member
Nice video...it is very simple with awesome message. I already Like it and made a comment below the YouTube video. As we will all age, instead of making a fret about it we should instead make a celebration for every milestones we reach every year. We can only stay young in our mind and it would be so hard to eradicate aging symptoms physically though there is no harm in trying.

The best way to deal with getting into old age is to accept that this is part of reality and therefore we should embrace it with open arms. Always be positive with changes going around and make sure we are approaching the gift of each day with a warm smile and some level of excitement.

Each sunrise and sunset can be a gift worth thanking for. Tomorrow is another day...to be happy and be fulfilled even though we could be 50 or even 100. :D

zararina

Coaching Member
No doubt you really love your grandson to help him out even on this kind of techie thing. :)
The video was simple but cute and entertaining. It was so true that getting old is part of life and we should be positive towards it. Always find something to be happy with each time passing by. It will be called time and life well spent. Having a child of a heart could mean having a heart having lots of hopes, happiness and less worries.

A

artistry

Well Charlie, (that was my dad's name), that was a very well done and creative video. The message was anazing. I too would like to know how old he is, a very mature person, based on the content. Thank you for sharing. I really enjoyed it.