Music for relaxation

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
One thing I really enjoy for relaxation and to put me into a better mood is listening to music. I like a wide variety of music types and pick something that suits my mood. I recommend Slacker to explore artists, songs, and categories of music you may not be aware of, why limit yourself to one type of music? A related posting on this theme was posted here.

If you want something really relaxing, music in the New Age category is nice, also consider Trance and Chill.

zararina

Coaching Member
I do not really limit myself to what type or kind of music to listen but i do have preferences or favorites. When i want to be relaxed, i prefer listening to soothing music like love songs or mellow rock songs. I also like listening to pop music and some good beats or dance music to feel energetic.

francrislee

We all live in a very busy world that we focus only on things that would make us rich; that's why we always take for granted our relaxation time. For me, music therapy is one method to de stress myself. Listening to love songs and instrumental such as piano music is really of great help to me. =)

Matt

I relax a lot when I listen to music. A lot of times, when I am extremely tired, I lay on the couch and put my ear phones on and then just listen to music for 30 or so minutes. In addition to relaxing, it also helps me get rid of my stress.

radascars

Advisor Member
Whenever I feel tired and exhausted the only thing I could do to relax is to listen to music and make my self comfortable with it especially when I can't afford to go outside and go to spa and massage to relax and release my stress.

KingManta

Whenever I use music to relax, it's always instrumental music.
For some reason I find music without lyrics is a lot more relaxing for me.
Ratatat makes my favourite instrumental music, with lots of relaxing and peaceful songs. They make me think about life. :p

sepia_majesty

I LOVE smooth jazz and I also find classical music relaxing. Really, anything soft helps me relax.

I also enjoy listening to water on nature CDS. Running water and rain are sounds I really love, and they help me fall asleep.

KingManta

I LOVE smooth jazz and I also find classical music relaxing. Really, anything soft helps me relax.

I also enjoy listening to water on nature CDS. Running water and rain are sounds I really love, and they help me fall asleep.
Sort of along the same lines as me.
Music with no lyrics is just way more relaxing. You like listening to jazz/classical, I prefer electronic.
I guess songs with no words let you think about whatever you want, happy or sad.

hatteubanal

Music never fails to remove the dark aura that envelopes me when I'm feeling jaded. When I'm feeling down or tired, I just plug my ears with my earphones, close my eyes, and listen away.

I am guilty of sticking to only one particular genre though. I love rock music. What most people consider to be noise is a lullaby to me. Oh well, to each his own.

KingManta

Music never fails to remove the dark aura that envelopes me when I'm feeling jaded. When I'm feeling down or tired, I just plug my ears with my earphones, close my eyes, and listen away.

I am guilty of sticking to only one particular genre though. I love rock music. What most people consider to be noise is a lullaby to me. Oh well, to each his own.
Same here, especially that first paragraph.
I love the escape provides. Whenever everything else is bothering me, I know that music will always be there to make me feel better. Headphones on, world off.

A

artistry

...I love music, it is such a pleasure to hear a good song. Music is inspirational, calming, invigorating, touching and very soothing at times. You can even comfort yourself, by singing one of your favorite tunes.

pwcross

For relaxation, I have a special place in my heart for three things, and these might seem a little random:

1. J.S. Bach's Cello Suites; if that doesn't sound familiar, I'd bet that if you heard just the first few bars of the first suite, you'd probably recognize it. For me, the beauty of these pieces is in their clean simplicity.

2. Ludovico Einaudi; he's a contemporary Italian composer-performer of music for the piano. For those of you who enjoy solo piano instrumentals, this guy might appeal to you. I find his pieces to be lush and soulful.

3. Hawaiian slack-key guitar; if you ever want to feel like you've got sand between your toes and sun on your face, this is what you need!

The reason these three things are special to me is that they are the music I listened to for three days of labor when I gave birth to my son. If there's a time when one needs to find her zone and sink into a relaxed state, it's labor!

summerRain

I am a music lover. Music runs my world. I am into different genre of music and it always make me feel so relaxed. I can listen from Ballad to Rock.. Anything that fits my mood.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
Our world can be a little bit empty without music. In each generation, music is a force and one thing that would define the people. Music can easily arouse our emotions and can really be effective in promoting relaxation and harmony within us. Whenever I am sad, I usually listen to melancholic love songs and when I am happy I love getting into upbeat type of music. I also listen to inspiring Christian songs and from time to time love getting into selected pop songs. Music can capture our hear, mind and soul. :D

Yolanda

Music is a big part of my life and music from the genres new age, classical, folk or piano music can really sooth me. I listen to all kinds of music though; from pop to rock music and everything in between. I also use music and dance in my work in early intervention as a way of learning new words and remembering them more easily.

Jessi

I actually have two very drastically different kinds of music I listen to to relax. On one side, I listen to really slow, low music that doesn't necessarily have a lot of lyrics or is just quiet in general. On the other side, I listen to really loud, fast, hard music that I can dance my butt off to. That loosens me up and relaxes me.

OhioTom76

It depends on my mood, some days I want to listen to jazz stuff like George Benson, other days - as strange as this may sound - metal stuff like Ministry or Mastodon will relax me.

A

artistry

A friend of mind just sent me two tracks of music, it is lovely. Irish music that makes you want to dance. I love it.