Motivation for improvement

Haiz

Guys I just started waking up 4 o'clock in the morning .
Which was a success but no I just can't find motivation. Please give me advice

Dorothy Anne

Wow 4 o clock is early! This is a success for you so fantastic! You are demonstrating to yourself you can achieve a goal (waking up at 4am). I would suggest you do the following when you do actually wake up bright and early to continue your motivation streak, which you are ON by the way!

1. Place a note by your bed, or even on your ceiling with your next goal right after you get up. This way, the first thing you see when you wake up is a self reminder. Put a smiley face or a funny doodle to entertain yourself, don't get lost in the seriousness!
2. Whatever you do in the morning, let it be an enjoyable activity first. Then move on to the more difficult activity. This way, when you wake up (goal met) and do something you enjoy just for the sake of enjoyment, you wont ever wake up with a UGH feeling, but a feeling of excitement for the next pleasurable activity to take place.
3. Reward yourself! When you do achieve your goal for that day or week, don't stop the momentum but rather increase it. Use the positive, goal achieving energy as a positive feedback loop. Set a challenge for the next week and give it a try!

Remember: mistakes are UPWARD FAILURES. Don't be so hard on yourself. Or else you wind up being a victim and victims don't have motivation.

Namaste,
D.

WHSharon

This kind of goal could be very tough at the beginning, 'cause the body requires a lot of time to get used to new habits (usually 60-90 days). So the best thing you can do is just keep going and set the alarm at the same time every day. Maybe you can put the alarm far from the bed so that you necessarily have to wake up to turn it off, and start the day with something you enjoy. Ever heard of the "holy hour"? Many successful men think it's the best way to start the morning. It consists in 20mins of physical exercise (soft running, yoga or just stretching), 20mins to fulfil your mind (reading a book, a blog, or something like that) and 20mins to fulfil your spirit (meditation).