Meditation Time

andrewdeb

Hi,

How much time do you guys meditate for? The reason I ask is because in the past when I first started I usually tried to do it for half an hour. The problem is that I barely ever succeeded in doing it that long and gave up after a few attempts. I was doing that for years and never kept a routine even though I always felt great afterwards and knew how good it is for me.

So, a few months ago I learned a new way of approaching it. Instead of aiming for 30 minute sessions, I started with just a couple minutes a day. I would sit down at about the same time every day and meditate even if it was only a minute. It quickly became a habit that I'm still doing, but for 10 to 15 minutes a day.

I think its better this way because when you succeed in doing it everyday, even if just a little, it impacts your self image and sub conscious in a positive way.

ctarg

I like to do 15 minutes in the morning, anything more than that then I find I become drowsy.

I have switched to more vivid visualisation now as I find it gets me more geared up for the day in the morning then meditation at night to relax me to finish the day.

C

Charise

I also do about 15 minutes a day. I'm too busy for much else but it still has a really energizing effect! Then, I dedicate the rest of my time to other energizing endeavors.

Last edited by a moderator:

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
I agree, even a little bit can go a long ways. I range from 5-20 minutes. However, I try to go into that mindfulness meditation state during my day to day life at times, like when driving or walking. Just staying fully present and avoiding getting caught up in a lot of thought.

Nas

Hello andrewdeb thanks for the article,
At the beginning for me, meditate it was new and I have started for 2 minutes. Then with a time restarting, I have realised the most important in the meditation is to stay in the present.
So I stopped to look my watch and to feel free to meditate 5 or 30 or more ;-) The result I'm feel good everyday, my immune system is reinforced, my quality of sleep is better and I keep a nice balance in my daily.

Quest

I do at least 20 min everyday after I wake up up at 2pm ( I work at nite)... This is the music I use. And I when I'm at work I occasionally put it in and it just zaps Mr to another universe!!!