Meditation: Morning or Night?

zararina

Coaching Member
I think it would be night for me.
I find it easy to concentrate at night than in the morning. Mainly because I usually sleep late and therefore wakes up so late too. Evening here seems to be more quite too than in the morning.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I don't have a problem with either day or night. If I do it during the day, it should be after I am waking up and when it is the night it should be before I retire. I am not really a meditation fanatic that can do it for hours as I am just allotting around 30 minutes to do it but it is really an effective tool. I am recommending to anybody to meditate as this is definitely good for health. :D :D

I like to meditate when I come home from work. Meditating in the morning doesn't work for me because I have to get up very early every morning, and I don't want to get up even earlier for meditating. When I meditate in the evening it also helps me relax my muscles before I go to sleep. A hot bath with aroma therapy before you go to sleep does wonders as well.

I like to meditate whenever I get a chance every day. If I am not working I will have a mid day meditation session in conjunction with a nightly session before bed or if I'm busy with work I will always do it before bed. I love to meditate at any time though.

I find mornings are best, if I meditate too late at night end up falling asleep.

I don't meditate often, but when I do, I prefer in the evening time. I can do it at either time, but I feel like I get more benefit from it when I've done it after a long day. If I try to fit it in during the morning time, I feel rushed and stressed about the time instead, which is the opposite of what I should feel from meditation.

A

artistry

I have gotten away from my meditation sessions, I have to start them again. I like to meditate in the evening, to calm myself and relax, for a peaceful sleep.

I have gotten away from my meditation sessions, I have to start them again. I like to meditate in the evening, to calm myself and relax, for a peaceful sleep.
do morning and afternoon you will feel much better. in the morning you will be in a pre relaxed state and get much more out of your session, your day will make more sense and more productive. GOOD LUCK.

A

artistry

Thanks 777, for the advice. I will have to remember that. Meditation is a good thing to practice.

do morning and afternoon you will feel much better. in the morning you will be in a pre relaxed state and get much more out of your session, your day will make more sense and more productive. GOOD LUCK.
I never think about doing it in the morning.

That's mostly because it probably only crosses my mind AFTER I'm stressed, which is usually later in the day instead of being as soon as I wake up.

D

detectivediana

I've done both: meditated in the morning at at night, and normally do it whenever I have the opportunity to do so, and when I'm in the right mindset. Lately, I've been doing it in the evening. When I've done it with a friend, it has been in the morning. Does anyone use a zafu for meditation? It's a wonderful, comfortable cushion!

I totally lost my way now. I was supposed to meditate before in a prayer room everyday but now I could hardly do it even in my own house.

carlvennt

According to me morning is the best time for meditation because if you wake up fresh early in the morning and do meditation in the open air,it will benefit you more as you will be able to inhale mornings fresh and pollution free air which is good for heath.

Last edited by a moderator: