Meaning of Life

AmazingP

Advisor Member
There is an advertisement of a brand of coffee right now which essentially ask the viewers what are the reasons why we get out of bed every morning. This series of ads talks on the meaning of every day life and the people that push us to excel and be happy while dealing with all the challenges thrown our way.

Life is never easy and it can help if we possess deep inside that meaning or purpose worth waking up every day and worth kicking our ass.

Cecil Estrera

Oh I know the commercial you're pertaining to friend. :p
I ask that to myself since I was just single. I can't seem to find the answer then.
But now that I am a mom, I have every reason to wake up and get up from bed every morning.
My important reasons are my kids. They are my inspiration to move on and work hard.

krimsonklein

Honestly, the basic meaning of life is to live. We do that through every interaction with other human beings, animals, and inanimate objects. We are all cogs in a giant machine, further bettering ourselves as a race and as beings in general. Everything in this world starts small, and in the grand scheme of things, one life may seem insignificant. Even so, a building missing 1 brick is not complete, no matter how much you believe it so.

francrislee

I'm about to share a book that gave me the answer when I also asked that question to myself.
This has been the ultimate question since the beginning of mankind. It seems inherent in our nature to ask questions such as “Where did we come from? How did I get here? What’s my purpose on earth? Where do I go when I die? What’s the meaning of all this?”

I found the answer when I read the purpose driven life. At first I was a bit hesitant to read it, cause how could someone know the answer if none of us really know the purpose of our existence but along the way, I started to find the answers slowly and the blurred things have started to become clear gradually.

zararina

Coaching Member
Yes i do believe that the more we live our life, the more we discover the things and reasons why we are living. It is for me a continuous process to know our worth and our purpose. And for sure we all have purpose in this life we just have to discover our own places and spots on this earth. We could serve to be a blessing and instrument of God for His wills and good deeds for others.

Empangop

I'm about to share a book that gave me the answer when I also asked that question to myself.
This has been the ultimate question since the beginning of mankind. It seems inherent in our nature to ask questions such as “Where did we come from? How did I get here? What’s my purpose on earth? Where do I go when I die? What’s the meaning of all this?”

I found the answer when I read the purpose driven life. At first I was a bit hesitant to read it, cause how could someone know the answer if none of us really know the purpose of our existence but along the way, I started to find the answers slowly and the blurred things have started to become clear gradually.
What's the answer, Mr Francrislee? Why do we live? What are our purpose to live? These are questions need to be answered according to what each of us wants. I am sure you have found yours. The main purpose is we live to enjoy what the earth can offer us. In order to enjoy, we must have access to the thing that we need to enjoy. We must easily get the food and nowaday above all must have the money to buy anything we need. No money means we would have difficult time to meet what we need to enjoy. Our life means we must enjoy to the fullest to the last breathe.

francrislee

What's the answer, Mr Francrislee? Why do we live? What are our purpose to live? These are questions need to be answered according to what each of us wants. I am sure you have found yours. The main purpose is we live to enjoy what the earth can offer us. In order to enjoy, we must have access to the thing that we need to enjoy. We must easily get the food and nowaday above all must have the money to buy anything we need. No money means we would have difficult time to meet what we need to enjoy. Our life means we must enjoy to the fullest to the last breathe.
The answer is "Life is not about me!" It's how I live life for others and how I can be of help to others, that in spite of our busy life focusing our ourselves ONLY, time to time we have to remind ourselves that life is really about living for God and not for ourselves.

iebo

For me its about being a good person, and embracing what life has to offer. Getting to experience various things, events, places, and people is important too.

A

artistry

We were put on this earth, if one is to believe the Bible, "for the glory of God". What that means, is open to interpretation, one would suppose. I would tend to think that we were put here to do the things, that would have our creator feel, that we were worth bringing into existence. That we not be so consumed with wanting and greed, that we do not care about our fellow human beings, especially those who are in very bad situations. That even if we are unable to give monitarily, if needed, that we offer emotional support when necessary, that we give of ourselves. Also that we try to be the best person that we can, in our daily lives, to be as positive and unselfish, as possible and project positive energy as much as we can, whenever we can. Life is an opportunity to shine, as bright as we can. with what we have been given, this gift from God, of life. Just a thought. Cheers.

Memphian Michael

This is one of the oldest and most mysterious questions that's ever been asked? What am I? Where do I fit in this world? Why am I here and what's my purpose?

I'd be less than truthful if I were to claim that I had the answer---very much so, in fact. I find myself pondering this question almost every day and haven't yet---in my 31 years of existence---come to a definite, concrete answer. In the end, while we can philosophize and rationalize it until it's nothing but platitudes, it's up to each person to dig deep into his or her soul to discover true purpose.

There's simply no one-size-fits-all answer. If that were the case, I fear life would become an utter bore for most.