Man-Made Chemicals In Our Foods

AmazingP

Advisor Member
We are living in a modern age where convenience is a prime commodity. Unfortunately, this trend is now also applied with our foods where processed foods laden with man-made chemicals are so popular. One only has to inspect the labels of the products we are consuming everyday to know how we are slowly poisoning our one and only body.

Chemicals ranging from preservatives, artificial colours, flavor enhancers, softeners and others are necessary to produce convenient and instant foods but will create a long-term havoc on our natural body. For as long as humans are not synthetic then we don't need these chemicals lodging in our tissues.

radascars

Advisor Member
You can't prevent this to happen as our natural resources are starting to deplete so people tend to make some alternative foods which are chemically made.

As I really want to eat food naturally.

moneymakingmom

I've heard there is a link between artificial red coloring and hyperactivity in children. Canadian scientists tested popular breakfast bars including Kelloggs and Pop Tarts and found that red dye in the food caused the children in the study to act all hyper. Some of the children had even been diagnosed previously as ADHD cause of the red dye exposure. The damage does seem to be reversible though with limited exposure.

iebo

Yes the chemicals they put in our foods are causing cancer rates to go up, as well as obesity and all the problems associated with that. I am trying to eat less processed foods, I just wish real food wasn't so expensive. I am thinking of growing some indoor vegetables.

radascars

Advisor Member
Its not just about the food coloring why cancer increased in certain countries, there are a lot of factors that needs to consider such as lifestyle, genetics, environment and stuff like that. It doesn't necessarily mean that food coloring or processed foods can increase the chance of having a cancer, no basis at all. If they really the cause of cancer then FDA would just prohibited them not to manufacture such foods. :)

moon

I really do not care if they add chemicals in our food as long as it is 100% safe or it protects our food from diseases.

kSoo

Why do you imply that natural food is so much better? Like said above, chemicals are used and added to produce but also disinfect and make it safe, cleaning it. From another way, do you believe animals should go extinct? Or their reproduction accelerated with human created chemicals.. Anyways, that kind of havoc is inevitable so we can't do anything but live with what we have. Go drink some milk that came directly from cows. Extra Fat, Less Vitamins and.. yeah disgusting in a way xD

radascars

Advisor Member
Why do you imply that natural food is so much better? Like said above, chemicals are used and added to produce but also disinfect and make it safe, cleaning it. From another way, do you believe animals should go extinct? Or their reproduction accelerated with human created chemicals.. Anyways, that kind of havoc is inevitable so we can't do anything but live with what we have. Go drink some milk that came directly from cows. Extra Fat, Less Vitamins and.. yeah disgusting in a way xD
Very well said kSoo, I agree with you as for the chemicals in our food are safe and can no harm any human at all. FDA also wouldn't approve foods that can actually harm human life. :)

apple

There is no complete way to avoid chemicals in your food anymore. Even the produce and livestock raised by ethical or organic means must breathe in the pollution laden air. Sometimes I wished I was born 50-100 years to eat some real food.
Its not just about the food coloring why cancer increased in certain countries, there are a lot of factors that needs to consider such as lifestyle, genetics, environment and stuff like that. It doesn't necessarily mean that food coloring or processed foods can increase the chance of having a cancer, no basis at all. If they really the cause of cancer then FDA would just prohibited them not to manufacture such foods. :)
Chemicals could come out as relatively benign in the beginning and be discovered as dangerous in the future when the side effects are all too obvious. Some chemicals that are illegal in Europe are still used in North America. Are the Europeans too paranoid or are the North Americans not vigilant enough? Only time will tell.